Thread: Photoshop CC interface...

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Photoshop CC interface...

I have been looking for a step by step tutorial on how to increase the font size of Photoshop CC interface for the last two days. I need to take my other new laptop with me on my trips and need Photoshop to go with it amongst my other programs that I may use while in the hotel or some place to keep me from getting bored as I am not really into socializing much.

Currently, on this laptop/tablet, the fonts and icons are just too small to read even with my contact lens and eyeglasses combined. I need a better way to see this darn thing without straining my eyes or throwing my machine out of the window? (that will not help.....hopefully I do not have to do the latter)

Please help...thanks.

Real Name
    Grahame

Re: Photoshop CC interface...

Here you are Izzie, I just found out how to do this.....................

No 1 - What my screen looks like after the change

No 2 - It's in Edit/Preferences/Interface. In the Text box I have changed 'UI Font Size and UI Scaling' to Large and 200% from the PS defaults.

After you have made the changes you must close PS and then reopen it again to see the changes.

Grahame
    Last edited by Stagecoach; 21st July 2017 at 08:25 AM.

Real Name
    Izzie

Thanks Grahame, this one you described is the first thing that I did even before I read any instructions from the internet. Apparently, this does not work with all monitors with high DPI. And from what I read, this has been happening since the first time CC came out, what is that 2013 or somewhere near that time? I tried another method yesterday that requires creating a manifest file after adding a PreferExternalManifest in the registry. That did not work either.

https://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-...-displays-fix/

I will look for more solutions. I just thought I will ask this group to supplement what I had already experimented on so far. We will be traveling more soon so I need this laptop/tablet to be of help with my boredom when we get to stay in a hotel somewhere.

Thank you so much for your help.
    Cheers.
    Izzie

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Have set the monitors DPI in Photoshop settings? It is important when using the ruler but should also have an effect on font size etc. It is something you only need to do at setup but is often overlooked. It is a longtime since I have had to do it and I am away from my computer so I can't give you the exact details.

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by pnodrog View Post
    Have set the monitors DPI in Photoshop settings? It is important when using the ruler but should also have an effect on font size etc. It is something you only need to do at setup but is often overlooked. It is a longtime since I have had to do it and I am away from my computer so I can't give you the exact details.
    Paul...Thank you so much for reminding me of the DPI setting in question. Inside Photoshop is the UI -- small, medium and large settings for Interface as per the help suggestion of Grahame. I had used that with no results at all. I am using Windows 10 here in this laptop/tablet. So I decided to fiddle with the Windows Display setting, specifically the changing of the DPI. My windows decreased in size. I checked Photoshop, Lightroom and Camera Raw. They were larger in fonts and I can see them but they do not occupy the whole screen. But the interfaces are legible enough without using an extra pair of eyeglasses on top of my contacts. I bought a Foster Grant eyeglasses 300 this morning. I did not have to use it. But I did not like the size of the windows so I turned back to the usual display settings of 3840 x 2160 but I also fiddled with scale and layout for text, apps and other items section. I put it on 250 as recommended. My windows fitted my screen back and I got a better view of the three applications on their interfaces each.

Thank you, Paul....Something must have triggered the size of the whole system when I changed my display setting via Windows 10. Whatever it is, I am far happier with this size now.

Also, thank you to Grahame for trying to help, too.

Cheers,
    Izzie

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Glad you have sorted it out.

Realised after I posted it that strictly speaking it is the PPI not DPI setting. I am surprised no one took the opportunity to enjoy correcting me.....

For mee allways its hard to us CC format in photoshope, i useualz asking for help when i work with it )) i often cannot learn because of my adhd... i even search for rx costs often because of this... that's why i get a lot of help from others.
    Last edited by Agemput1959; 19th August 2017 at 03:20 PM.