Thread: Niagara Falls Fireworks

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Niagara Falls Fireworks

We just got back from touring around with our daughter, son-in-law and their baby for most of the past two weeks, so I really have not spent a lot of time at CiC. We hit some of the highlights including Niagara Falls and happen to notice that yesterday was going to have a fireworks display along with the lit up falls, so here is one of the shots I took. I had not shot fireworks before, but figured I needed to have a long enough shutter speed to capture the "bloom"; which in this shot was three seconds.

Niagara Falls Fireworks

Niagara Falls Fireworks

Niagara Falls Fireworks

Shooting conditions were not ideal as the place I wanted to shoot from was blocked off for the fireworks and the crowds were heavy, so one does what one can...
    Last edited by Manfred M; 16th June 2017 at 06:14 AM.

Real Name
    Susan

Re: Niagara Falls Fireworks

Well you certainly hit the mark ;-) It's a stunner throughout.. The colored water gives it so much interest.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

So beautiful....

Real Name
    John

Nice, did you get to see the Wallenda stunt?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Sort of. We saw her hanging from the helicopter in the distance as we walked back to our hotel after breakfast. We were close to the Horseshoe Falls area, so we could see the helicopter quite clearly and saw that something about the size of a person was hanging below it.

We were in a bit of a hurry (facing a 7 hour drive back home) and I did not have my camera along, so we did not head down for a closer look..

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Sort of. We saw her hanging from the helicopter in the distance as we walked back to our hotel after breakfast. We were close to the Horseshoe Falls area, so we could see the helicopter quite clearly and saw that something about the size of a person was hanging below it.

We were in a bit of a hurry (facing a 7 hour drive back home) and I did not have my camera along, so we did not head down for a closer look..
    Understandable, it was such a quick event.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

For someone who hasn't shot fireworks before you did a good job. These are all nice apart from #3. I am not a fan of that one. I just do not know why. The other two are nicer as the colour matches the frame more. I like #1 best.

Real Name
    Richard

Really nice images... I like fireworks shots when they have some of the surrounding area included. That the Falls were beautiful and lit up is an added bonus!