Thread: a program to upload photos

Real Name
    Rod

a program to upload photos

Does anyone know of a program that automatically uploads a photo, for an example, camera hard wired to a laptop, take picture, picture saves to laptop and not to camera, program uploads to designated site or emailed.

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

Re: a program to upload photos

I know Nikon has Camera Control 2 ...
    Remote control of most Nikon digital SLR settings, including exposure mode, shutter speed and aperture, from a computer.
    Operation by wired and wireless LAN when using a wireless transmitter.
    Direct transfer of images from a camera to a computer and workflow management of all procedures from shooting to saving images.
    Enhanced Viewer function enables thumbnail display of images stored on a computer.
    Images on a camera buffer can be confirmed or deleted with thumbnail or preview display on a computer prior to transfer.
    Supports LiveView modes (Hand-held and Tripod) where the camera sensor is used to provide a real-time preview through the objective lens. LiveView support enables simultaneous adjustment of focus point and/or shutter release, and confirmation of the image on a computer screen. In Tripod mode, remote selection of the desired autofocus point is possible.
    Supports the Picture Control system which allows image parameters to be selected and adjusted on a computer, and custom curves (tone compensation data) to be created and saved back to the camera.

Real Name
    Rod

Would camera control 2 be for Nikon cameras only? I use Cannon.

edit: it is for Nikon cameras only, anything for a Cannon?

Real Name
    Paul Compton

Quote Originally Posted by mrrod View Post
    Does anyone know of a program that automatically uploads a photo, for an example, camera hard wired to a laptop, take picture, picture saves to laptop and not to camera, program uploads to designated site or emailed.
    This one is nice if you have a IPhone? onone software

Real Name
    David

Hi Rod - Canon's EOS Utility software lets you download from camera to computer via its remote shooting and Live View facilities. Thereafter, you would have to send the images by normal uploading means to whatever site. However, that is a two stage process and I have not come across a program whereby you could specify an on-line site, in camera, to which images could be sent directly. Perhaps Canon should be alerted to the possibility or perhaps a thorough search of open source software (via Sourceforge net?) might yield results.

Cheers

David

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by mrrod View Post
    Would camera control 2 be for Nikon cameras only? I use Cannon.

edit: it is for Nikon cameras only, anything for a Cannon?
    Canon's DPP (Digital Photo Professional) can do exactly the same as Control 2. Only thing it can't do from your original requirement is send via email or upload to website automatically (as far as I know)

Real Name
    Rod

Cheers for the replies, I remember DPP, was wondering if something like that could automatically upload, I'll do some more searching.