Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Where art thou

Where art thou

Ok, I did promise an out of focus sheep's bum but it is proving more difficult than I envisaged. 1) lack of sheep's bums 2) working up any enthusiasm. So this is all I could manage today and even this is a variant on an earlier shot. Still I couldn't resist the shapes and simplicity.

Where art thou

Re: Where art thou

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Ok, I did promise an out of focus sheep's bum but it is proving more difficult than I envisaged.
    Try harder...http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/...8e59c2b123.jpg

Yes, I like this very much, even though everyone else is scratching their heads (or worse) thinking "what the..." I see they let you have windows in the North.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Try harder...http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/...8e59c2b123.jpg

Yes, I like this very much, even though everyone else is scratching their heads (or worse) thinking "what the..." I see they let you have windows in the North.
    I'm not surprised, but it isn't pushing boundaries. I give up and will do my own thing in secret.

I see they let you have windows in the North.
    Plexiglass...does not shatter when the petrol bombs go off on a Saturday night. You will note the highly fashionable rendering and Mediterranean blue skies....its grim oop North but fashionably grim

but it isn't pushing boundaries
    I am having a rather flat period at present. The ideas are not coming so I am filling my time by keeping my hand in with the more traditional subject matter. If it carries on you may see a few puppy dogs and smiling children in the weeks to come. Hell I might even buy a togs vest. Did I just say that....its worse than I thought.

Real Name
    Myra

I'm just impressed with how clean the sensor of your camera is. Not a speck in that blue sky.

Can't believe you are in a rut. Look at your post: Maybe you can figure out some Wirefoxian way to make windows not windows. Rain on panes for a play on pain? Photograph every flat thing you can find. Just not the vest!

myra

Real Name
    Peter

Hi Steve, I do like that but then again I can see some triangles.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritimer1 View Post
    Maybe you can figure out some Wirefoxian way to make windows not windows...
    You know you are on the right track when they start to adjectivize your name.

Real Name
    Kay

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Ryan View Post
    I can see some triangles.
    It's an illness ...... clearly bought about by exposure to phytoestrogens in paint fumes.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    but it isn't pushing boundaries.
    ?????????????????????

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

So this is all I could manage today
    There's only one person I know got the imagination to think about something like this and turn it into such a high quality image ...

... I'm damned if I can remember his name!

Real Name
    Jeroen

yes, this is how I like it. Very subtle, balanced, abstract and most of all well done! I agree with Donald and Myra, that it immediately shows to be a Wirefoxian photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    There's only one person I know got the imagination to think about something like this and turn it into such a high quality image ...

Inside every disadvantaged (when I were a lad...), down-trodden Northern photographer there's a budding Annie Liebovitz.

Well it certainly seems as if I had a more productive day than I first thought. Your very positive comments are hardly justified I fear but they are very welcome nonetheless. I think the problem here for me (apart from being knackered after my first full week in work for a while) is that for this type of image I usually have the image in my head and then go and find (or arrange) a setup that comes closest to my concept. This one was taken off the cuff although my immediate thought was a north England Romeo and Juliet (Gaz and Shaz probably). I do not often like the results of my walkabout efforts so I was fairly pleased with the outcome with this one. I try to avoid walking about aimlessly with a camera dangling round my genitals it does tend to attract the wrong class of folk...dont you know.

I had shot a similar image with the same subject matter before but it had no story behind it just colour and texture

Where art thou

I'm just impressed with how clean the sensor of your camera is. Not a speck in that blue sky.
    I bought the camera used and it was pretty clean when I got it. There were a couple of bunnies but they disappeared after a few actuations of the sensor shaker do dah. Anyway I hardly ever shoot with an aperture smaller than f/8 so I could have a couple of rusty shopping trolleys and discarded refrigerator on there for all I know

You know you are on the right track when they start to adjectivize your name.
    I have been called a fair few but never actually been one.

Rolf Harris?

Inside every disadvantaged (when I were a lad...), down-trodden Northern photographer there's a budding Annie Liebovitz.
    I think you will find that's Annie Walker

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Your very positive comments are hardly justified I fear but they are very welcome nonetheless.
    It is endlessley interesting to note how we rate our own images compared to the views that others express about them.

It's a but like the photographic equivalent of Burns' - to see ourselves as others see us.

Real Name
    Peter

I like this one too Steve. The interesting thing about your comment is how you go about it. i.e. you develop a concept and then find an image or set it up. Quiet differnt to mine. I see myself more as an opportunitistic photographer. I see images as I go. The beauty of photography is you can come at it from so many differnt angles.

PS. Kay, there are triangles in the clouds.

Real Name
    Jim

Ok, I did promise an out of focus sheep's bum but it is proving more difficult than I envisaged. 1) lack of sheep's bums 2) working up any enthusiasm. So this is all I could manage today and even this is a variant on an earlier shot. Still I couldn't resist the shapes and simplicity.

Where art thou
    I like the simplicity of the shot. The "void" blue sky even has a nice gradient. You Sir should be well chuffed! Just by having that window open adds so much to it.. I like.

Many thanks Peter and 'Fleshpiston' (is that name referring to some aspect of your anatomical prowess? You will have WireVixen all flushed and dreamy eyed).

Steve