Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Project 52, 2nd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired always

Real Name
    Judith

2017 Project 52, 2nd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired always

Week 14--Spring blooms

I am continuing to focus on seeing and capturing after having spent last year increasing my post processing skills. I am challenging myself to produce images that require minimal post processing but, when PP is needed, having the skills to approach the issues well. Here I wanted to capture the buds, emerging flowers, and full on blooms of spring. Have I over-sharpened it?

2017 Project 52, 2nd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired alwaysflowers 1 by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Real Name
    Sandy

Re: 2017 Project 52, 2nd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired always

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanflyer View Post
    Week 14--Spring blooms

I am continuing to focus on seeing and capturing after having spent last year increasing my post processing skills. I am challenging myself to produce images that require minimal post processing but, when PP is needed, having the skills to approach the issues well. Here I wanted to capture the buds, emerging flowers, and full on blooms of spring. Have I over-sharpened it?

2017 Project 52, 2nd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired alwaysflowers 1 by urbanflyer, on Flickr
    Hi Judith ~ The photo I see on my computer screen looks detailed but not overdone, in my estimation. This is a beautiful flower - it looks delicate and gentle. Nice start to the second quarter of P52 project!

Re: 2017 Project 52, 2nd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired always

Maybe a touch on the harsh sharpening side when viewed with the Lightbox option.

The whites have been well controlled. Personally I would have removed that out of focus leaf in the top left corner before shooting, or made a focus stack to make sure it was going to be sharp in the final image. Out of focus leaves in the background are no problem but that one in the foreground looks out of place compared with the rest of the scene.

Real Name
    John

Nice one.

Real Name
    Judith

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Maybe a touch on the harsh sharpening side when viewed with the Lightbox option.

The whites have been well controlled. Personally I would have removed that out of focus leaf in the top left corner before shooting, or made a focus stack to make sure it was going to be sharp in the final image. Out of focus leaves in the background are no problem but that one in the foreground looks out of place compared with the rest of the scene.
    Thanks--Agree also about the leaf--struggled about whether to leave it in or take it out.

Real Name
    Judith

Week 15--Soft Spring Rain

been sick so just getting caught up.

Of course it is still rainy but the temperatures have turned mild so the rain is not so depressing! This is a cell phone photo that resulted from my delight in the colors of the tulips that appeared on my way to a photography meeting!

2017 Project 52, 2nd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired alwaysSoft Spring Rain by urbanflyer, on Flickr
    Last edited by Urbanflyer; 19th April 2017 at 05:39 PM.

Real Name
    Janis

Lovely piece, Judith. I also like it with something between a quarter and a third taken off the top.

Real Name
    Judith

Quote Originally Posted by purplehaze View Post
    Lovely piece, Judith. I also like it with something between a quarter and a third taken off the top.

thanks! Yes, I can see your suggested crop working as well!

Real Name
    Sandy

We'd be lost without our cellphones! I like your picture! Great way to make use of the raindrops! And the colors are lovely!

Real Name
    Judith

Week 16: A sense of Security
    --
    A change of pace for me. A black and white conversion from a cell phone. The thing that struck me was what seemed like layers of bars but really no real security here.

2017 Project 52, 2nd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired alwaysSense of Security by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Real Name
    John

Week 16: A sense of Security
    --
    A change of pace for me. A black and white conversion from a cell phone. The thing that struck me was what seemed like layers of bars but really no real security here.

2017 Project 52, 2nd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired alwaysSense of Security by urbanflyer, on Flickr
    That's a difficult capture with that type of pattern, where'd you focus?

Real Name
    Judith

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    That's a difficult capture with that type of pattern, where'd you focus?
    on a plane with the lock which, with my dof, included most of the front grid.

Real Name
    Judith

Week 17--Blue--old and new

My husband says this shot is "bland" but I like the color and the architectural juxtaposition. Always welcome C & C.

2017 Project 52, 2nd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired alwaysBlue--old and new by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Real Name
    Binnur

Lovely image Judith , beautiful colors

Week 15--Soft Spring Rain

been sick so just getting caught up.

Of course it is still rainy but the temperatures have turned mild so the rain is not so depressing! This is a cell phone photo that resulted from my delight in the colors of the tulips that appeared on my way to a photography meeting!

2017 Project 52, 2nd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired alwaysSoft Spring Rain by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Real Name
    Binnur

It certainly works for me Judith I would crop the piece of window on the very right hand side though .

Week 17--Blue--old and new

My husband says this shot is "bland" but I like the color and the architectural juxtaposition. Always welcome C & C.

2017 Project 52, 2nd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired alwaysBlue--old and new by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Real Name
    Jean

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    It certainly works for me Judith I would crop the piece of window on the very right hand side though .

+1
    At the same time you could easily straighten the vertical (in LR or Photoshop)

Real Name
    Sandy

RE: Week 17--Blue--old and new
    I like blues! So this photo captures my attention, especially seeing the blue through the top opening of the "old" building. I do agree with Binnur's assessment about the little extra window on the RS. It might be better to crop it out.

Real Name
    Judith

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    Thanks--agree about the window. I tried it without but there did not seem to be a way to "straighten" the lines of the older building without messing up the vertical of the new building. Odd angles for both!

Real Name
    Judith

Quote Originally Posted by skitterbug View Post
    RE: Week 17--Blue--old and new
    I like blues! So this photo captures my attention, especially seeing the blue through the top opening of the "old" building. I do agree with Binnur's assessment about the little extra window on the RS. It might be better to crop it out.
    Thanks, Sandy! Cropping out the window on the right brought its own set of problems. I'll need to see if I can solve them.

Real Name
    Janis

That's interesting, Judith. You have converging verticals from two different buildings. Is that something that the Transform tool in Photoshop can handle? I've never used it myself and have only ever seen tutorials dealing with a single building shot straight on.

I do like the concept and the blue is gorgeous.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast