Thread: 'Is the ink from the R2000 and R2400 carts the same ink that Epson fill there R1900 c

Real Name
    Russell

'Is the ink from the R2000 and R2400 carts the same ink that Epson fill there R1900 c

Hi,Been trying to find the answer to this without much success. I have moved over to a CISS for my R1900 and after doing some research it seems that even with the CISS if you can get OEM ink you will get better results and even out of date ink (not years and years) from original carts is a good way to go with the CISS. (transfer the ink to the CISS) The question is this 'Is the ink from the R2000 and R2400 carts the same ink that Epson fill there R1900 carts with'? The only differance that I can see is the cart number for the printers. Thanks Russ

Real Name
    John

Re: 'Is the ink from the R2000 and R2400 carts the same ink that Epson fill there R19

Hi Russell,

Sign up for free samples prints and you'll receive brochures for their ink technology, also see something that 's probably new for Epson. I doubt if the super tank system will work with older models but it does represent a change in how Epson previously marketed their printers and inks. CISS systems were frowned upon by Epson, perusing through forums on Epson printers and I found numerous customer service scenarios where the end user had print head issues and the Epson rep immediately responded with accusations of use of third party ink systems. I can't verify that these interactions occurred between Epson and the end user but if I did plan to use a CISS system it would definitely be after the warranty period ended.

https://epson.com/ecotank-super-tank-printers

Real Name
    Russell

Re: 'Is the ink from the R2000 and R2400 carts the same ink that Epson fill there R19

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Hi Russell,

Sign up for free samples prints and you'll receive brochures for their ink technology, also see something that 's probably new for Epson. I doubt if the super tank system will work with older models but it does represent a change in how Epson previously marketed their printers and inks. CISS systems were frowned upon by Epson, perusing through forums on Epson printers and I found numerous customer service scenarios where the end user had print head issues and the Epson rep immediately responded with accusations of use of third party ink systems. I can't verify that these interactions occurred between Epson and the end user but if I did plan to use a CISS system it would definitely be after the warranty period ended.

https://epson.com/ecotank-super-tank-printers
    Hi, Thanks for the input John. Tried to find a supplier of out of date ink carts also and in the USA seems to be not a problem but UK Ebay seems to be the best bet for me. Russ

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    Hi,Been trying to find the answer to this without much success. I have moved over to a CISS for my R1900 and after doing some research it seems that even with the CISS if you can get OEM ink you will get better results and even out of date ink (not years and years) from original carts is a good way to go with the CISS. (transfer the ink to the CISS) The question is this 'Is the ink from the R2000 and R2400 carts the same ink that Epson fill there R1900 carts with'? The only differance that I can see is the cart number for the printers. Thanks Russ
    From what I can see, both R1900 and R2000 use "Ultrachrome Hi-Gloss2" ink, and the colours might be the same from the Epson description (Gloss Optimizer, Orange, Red, Magenta, Yellow, Cyan, Matte Black, Photo Black) although I don't know if they are in fact exactly the same colours. However, the R2400 uses a different ink set. It's described at "UltraChrome K3", and the colours are different (Cyan, Light Blank, Light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta, Matte Black, Photo Black and Yellow - no gloss optimiser, and IMHO very probably a different ink formulation).

I found one web site that appeared to suggest the R1900 and R2000 might not use all the same inks. See
    http://www.marruttusa.com/printer/co...inks-chart.php
    and

If I read this correctly, only 5 of the inks are the same, but maybe I misread it.

Real Name
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Garrett View Post
    From what I can see, both R1900 and R2000 use "Ultrachrome Hi-Gloss2" ink, and the colours might be the same from the Epson description (Gloss Optimizer, Orange, Red, Magenta, Yellow, Cyan, Matte Black, Photo Black) although I don't know if they are in fact exactly the same colours. However, the R2400 uses a different ink set. It's described at "UltraChrome K3", and the colours are different (Cyan, Light Blank, Light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta, Matte Black, Photo Black and Yellow - no gloss optimiser, and IMHO very probably a different ink formulation).

I found one web site that appeared to suggest the R1900 and R2000 might not use all the same inks. See
    and

If I read this correctly, only 5 of the inks are the same, but maybe I misread it.
    Very usfull info many thanks. Russ