Thread: Good evening all...

Real Name
    John Bargenquast

Good evening all...

Just a few words to introduce myself, Name is John... Recent retiree from 40 years of HVAC industry. Early years (60's) Vietnam Photomate, Naval Photo Center, DC, portraits in private business, then I had to go to work....40 years later , HERE I AM, full circle.. Learning all over again.. What a trip

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

re: Good evening all...

Hi John...a warm welcome to CiC here from Missouri. I hope you will like it here and stay. Some of us, like me, are professional amateurs. It will be nice to learn from you too. Just jump in and join us in our conversations and share with us any shots you want. Get to know us as we get to know you too.
    Cheers.

Real Name
    Paul David

re: Good evening all...

John, Welcome from Sheridan, Wyoming and the Twin Cities (for one more year). You will find that this is a great place to hang out. A lot of very knowledgeable people here.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Good evening all...

I was a Photomate (Navy Photographer's Mate) also and retired in 1989 after 32 years service. I spent the Vietnam War years mostly serving with the Pacific Fleet Combat Camera Group, deploying out of NAS North Island with a total of 26-months In-Country Vietnam. I am probably the only Master Chief Photomate who has never even visited the Naval Photographic Center much less never having served there...
    Anyway, welcome to CiC, these are a friendly group of photographers from all over the world...

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Hello, John. Sorry I missed your post first time (until Richard's reply pushed it back up to the top). Great to have you here. I hope you enjoy being involved.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I look forward to interesting discussions between John and Richard about their military photo experiences.

Richard didn't mention that he had a direct role in the making of the famous photos of Russian missiles in Cuba that were shown to the world by Adlai Stevenson, the U.S. Ambassador at the time to the United Nations, at the meeting of its Security Council.
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 14th March 2017 at 01:39 AM.

Real Name
    John

John, welcome.

Real Name
    Roger

Good Evening All,
    I'm Roger from the state of Texas USA. I have been a photo enthusiast for many years. My true love in photography was film and processing however age has dimmed my eyesight and technology has over taken film and home processing. These days I shoot mostly B/W digital but do digress (see photo) on occasion. I posses a Fuji XE1 as well as a Nikon D7000. I am looking forward to meeting additional "photo" friends.

Good evening all...

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Hello Roger from here in St. Louis, Missouri. I like your image but don't know whether you upload it for just sharing or critiquing. So I am not going to critique it but thank you for sharing your work with us. We have some members here who still shoot with films and you will love their uploads too. Please do join us in some of our conversations here in this forum so we can get to know you too through them. Again, welcome and thank you for joining us.

Real Name
    Bruce

John and Roger, welcome to both of you!

Hi, I joined here just now. This forum is really awesome because I am crazy about photography.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by nxzx View Post
    Hi, I joined here just now. This forum is really awesome because I am crazy about photography.
    Warm welcome to the CiC forums from me.

Could you do me a favour please?
    Could you click Settings (right at the top),
    then Edit Profile (on left)
    and put your first name in the Real Name field
    and where you are (roughly) in the Location field,
    then click the Save Changes button below and to right,
    this helps everyone give you more personal and relevant answers - thanks in advance.

All the best, Dave

Let's hope you last a bit longer than John and Roger above who never apparently returned after their first one or two posts