Falling Leaves

Falling Leaves

Falling Leaves

Falling Leaves

Real Name
    Peter Warren

Re: Falling Leaves

Hi Steve,

lovely rich images, only comment (and this could well be a country boy talking nonsense)... were you dropping the leaves by their stalks just in front of the camera? to me the leaves look the wrong way up..or not falling randomly enough. Scrumptious shots though.

Pete

Oohers and aaahers. I really like the first one - the thought of home and autumn are so linked for me - time to start storing up the acorns, etc. and black glossy paint - so rich and elegant and romantic. I have a question. In this case, is it okay that I can see your reflection in the door? note: I was just thinking about this and thought that my comment might read as a round about suggestions BUT, it's not. It's a sincere question.

lovely rich images, only comment (and this could well be a country boy talking nonsense)... were you dropping the leaves by their stalks just in front of the camera? to me the leaves look the wrong way up..or not falling randomly enough. Scrumptious shots though.
    Maple leaves do tumble and glide but are sometimes in that position - I just checked..... LOL!
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 30th September 2010 at 09:01 PM.

Real Name
    Peter

Hi Steve,

Great vibrance. I don't mind the shine on the leaves in these shots but one trick you could look at is to use a polariser to cut the glare on the leaves. I use it to good effect in rainforests.

Thanks Pete. You have sussed me. Although I did check which way the leaves would fall naturally. It is actually more contrived than that. The leaves are actually dangling on cotton thread from a bamboo cane (out of shot). I just do not have the patience to wait for the leaves to fall.

Oohers and aaahers. I really like the first one - the thought of home and autumn are so linked for me - time to start storing up the acorns, etc. and black glossy paint - so rich and elegant and romantic. I have a question. In this case, is it okay that I can see your reflection in the door? note: I was just thinking about this and thought that my comment might read as a round about suggestions BUT, it's not. It's a sincere question.
    Hi Katy, I did think about the reflection but it was so obscure and gave a little depth to the black that I let it go. You are correct though, reflections of the photographer squinting through the camera whilst sporting tatty combat pants and a baggy t-shirt should certainly be avoided I do not think WireVixen was overly impressed when I painted that workshop door with black yacht paint but I do like the richness, especially in the sunlight.
    Great vibrance. I don't mind the shine on the leaves in these shots but one trick you could look at is to use a polariser to cut the glare on the leaves. I use it to good effect in rainforests.
    Peter, great tip I really should have thought of that. I will give it a go next time round.

Steve