Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Photographic exhibition

Real Name
    António Correia

Photographic exhibition

Saturday, the 29th November 2008 my friend José made a small exhibition of his work as amateur photographer in an also small cafeteria.
    I was using the Canon G9 with the ST-E2 and the 580 EXII bounced to the ceiling.
    His photos are in black and white, so I thought his portrait would also be that way.
    We had some agreeable moments with some other people.
    The image was worked on LR 2

Photographic exhibition
    Last edited by Antonio Correia; 23rd December 2008 at 03:25 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Photographic exhibition

Yup, another nice photograph Antonio, well done.

I find myself wanting to see another 15% on the right, so the nearest picture and chair are not cut off, but I guess that's as wide as you could go, if so, the framing is as good as can be.

As usual, nicely lit and exposed.

When I used film many years ago, I had a flash gun that I could bounce off the ceiling, alas it is broken and sadly my current Fuji bridge cam has no hotshoe either. That's a shame because bouncing does an good job of providing natural looking light for scenes such as this, as your photos demonstrate. I suppose I could always dust off the trusty Nikon EM, a roll of film and ask santa for a flash gun this Christmas

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Yup, another nice photograph Antonio, well done.
    I find myself wanting to see another 15% on the right, so the nearest picture and chair are not cut off, but I guess that's as wide as you could go, if so, the framing is as good as can be.
    As usual, nicely lit and exposed.
    When I used film many years ago, I had a flash gun that I could bounce off the ceiling, alas it is broken and sadly my current Fuji bridge cam has no hotshoe either. That's a shame because bouncing does an good job of providing natural looking light for scenes such as this, as your photos demonstrate. I suppose I could always dust off the trusty Nikon EM, a roll of film and ask santa for a flash gun this Christmas
    Thank you
    You are most probably right when you say that I should have more room on the right taking the hole frame inside the image. In fact I couldn't go back further with the G9. It has a poor wide angle.
    Just an excuse, you know ...
    The chair being cut off doesn't bother me at all. But the frame now that you say it ...
    Well, next time may be
    You know, LR is fantastic. Have you ever tried it ?
    I really don't miss film. I am more shoot and get it quickly ! And this is with digital.
    My Nikomat EL is dusting in the cup board... Poor she ...
    Cheers

i sort of like this framing,though the experts may not i am glad the photographer has not shot this pic with the person looking into the camera as he is looking away almost towords the top half pic..... is actually making the whole simple pic come alive with interesting things for the viewer to view through out the room had he been just sipping his tea,looking down or at the camera would made the room very small and dull its just the gaze of the man! that is actually making this whole pic work for me

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    i sort of like this framing,though the experts may not i am glad the photographer has not shot this pic with the person looking into the camera as he is looking away almost towords the top half pic..... is actually making the whole simple pic come alive with interesting things for the viewer to view through out the room had he been just sipping his tea,looking down or at the camera would made the room very small and dull its just the gaze of the man! that is actually making this whole pic work for me
    Thank you Taken !
    In fact I shot some 4 or 5 pictures in sequence always using the flash.
    If you watch closely you will be able to see that he has an eye problem. One eye looks into one direction and the other eye looks into another direction.
    Sometimes I don't know if he is looking at me or looking elsewhere.
    At this moment we (me and you) begin to laugh about this but it's the reality.
    I think he sees with both eyes, one at a time

Oh well, I don't know, really.
    Thank you for commenting.

I almost forgot to tell you: I didn't ask him to look up, down, to me, or whatever. He was there and I shot him.
    Luck is an important part in many many pictures...