Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: cooking a sensor

Real Name
    Rob

cooking a sensor

Hi all
    Me again on my quest for startrails. I've been looking at the web and some people reckon with NR on just take 1 pic at a 3 to 4 hours exposures here are the ???
    1 over a while would such a long exposure damage my sensor(if I was doing it regularly) would once only.
    2 if not can you buy an external power lead to keep the camera live for 8hrs 4hr exposure 4hr NR
    (camera D90)
    Rob

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: cooking a sensor

Quote Originally Posted by bucketman View Post
    Hi all
    Me again on my quest for startrails. I've been looking at the web and some people reckon with NR on just take 1 pic at a 3 to 4 hours exposures here are the ???
    1 over a while would such a long exposure damage my sensor(if I was doing it regularly) would once only.
    2 if not can you buy an external power lead to keep the camera live for 8hrs 4hr exposure 4hr NR
    (camera D90)
    Rob
    1. No. No problem.

2. No idea - Canon have one for the 1D series, but no idea about Nikon.

Also, I suspect you'd get quite a lot of noise with a 4 hour exposure; why not just turn NR off and have 16 x 15 min exposures?

Real Name
    Rob

Re: cooking a sensor

Thanks Colin
    It was just another way of doing my stars some say 1 long exposure others say loads off little ones 10mins Ive tried 6 x 10 mins and just wanted to try one long exposure (Its a learning thing) But was worried for my camera
    thanks again
    rob
    Last edited by bucketman; 27th September 2010 at 08:04 PM.