Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: rain

Real Name
    Oner Olcerel

rain

We've been through a long drought in Melbourne. One day, it started to rain......I didn't want to miss the opportunity. C&C will be appreciated.
    Regards,
    Oner

rain

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: rain

I like this one Oner,

There's something about it, probably the attractive subject and her 'pose'

I wonder if it would be slightly better with a little less on right, but keep the wiper arc complete and add, if possible without getting the pillar in shot, some more on the left. My reason for saying this is the classic; she's looking out of the frame.

The lighting is wonderful.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Oner

Good stuff. Very good stuff! Innovative and well executed.

Obviously I don't know how much you've cropped this and what room you have for re-working the composition in post processing. Two things I wonder about - 1) What, if anything could be done to reduce the presence of that big, bulky bit of dashboard in front of the person and, 2) is there any room to re-crop so that she ends up more in the right hand side of the frame rather than bang in the centre?

These are comments aimed at helping you think about the composition. Just ignore them if you want. Like I say, the idea is wonderful and I think you've exposed it beautifully. The light, especially on her face, is very, very good.

Real Name
    David

Oner - I like this type of image and posted something similar a while back Wet Day in Scotland.

I like to stay in the vehicle when it's raining so in this case you could have had the young lady sit on the bonnet getting wet while you shot from the comfort of the interior. Much more satisfactory.

Cheers

David

Real Name
    Steve

Cor; can you see what it is yet, plays some Aborigine music. Actually although you are highly skilled, it isn't my sort of thing. But it is a good photo.

Real Name
    Oner Olcerel

I appreciate everyone's comments and critiques and completely agree with them. I posted this picture here without any cropping but when I framed it at home I cropped it as suggested. It was taken without any setup...I didn't really want to get wet ! Next time I'll ask my daughter to sit on the bonnet while I shot from inside the car as David suggested. Scotland's rain must produce more abstract images !

Oner

Real Name
    Peter

I like it as is