Thread: On the bridge- C&C are welcome !!

Real Name
    Tejal

On the bridge- C&C are welcome !!

Kindly share your C&C for my below image.

Regards,

Tejal

On the bridge- C&C are welcome !!x by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Original frame :

On the bridge- C&C are welcome !!IMG_2597 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Real Name
    John

Re: On the bridge- C&C are welcome !!

Is it an illusion or does the first one seem to have a bit more contrast? I think it's the feeling of more contrast that draws me to the first one, however the cropping at top seems a bit severe; yet it could add to one's interpretation that the weight of the world is on his shoulders.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Is it an illusion or does the first one seem to have a bit more contrast? I think it's the feeling of more contrast that draws me to the first one, however the cropping at top seems a bit severe; yet it could add to one's interpretation that the weight of the world is on his shoulders.
    Thanks John for your feedback. Yes, the 1st one has more contrast and i have cropped it also.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Tejal View Post
    Thanks John for your feedback. Yes, the 1st one has more contrast and i have cropped it also.
    Tejal,

Was this the same bridge you shot from before?

Works OK but I wonder about keeping the original size ratio; possibly crop slightly tighter than the original size but same ratio.

Somehow or other, your crop loses a bit of the scene 'depth' and the increased contrast make that more noticeable.

Real Name
    Maurice

Nicely done.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Tejal,

Was this the same bridge you shot from before?
    Yes, it is the same bridge . You still remember . Thanks

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Works OK but I wonder about keeping the original size ratio; possibly crop slightly tighter than the original size but same ratio.

Somehow or other, your crop loses a bit of the scene 'depth' and the increased contrast make that more noticeable.
    Thanks for your feedback.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by madcrow View Post
    Nicely done.
    thank you !!

Real Name
    Binnur

The original frame has more depth Tejal

Real Name
    Richard

Tejal, I have come back to this image several times. I think what bothers me is that the subject is so close to the edge of the frame and is looking out of the frame. This seems to lead my eye away from the image...

I think that I would really like the original image better if the subject had been looking into the image - more toward image right!

Real Name
    Dan

IMO the original comp gives a better sense of scale and location. Second is more about the person. So which is the subject?

Real Name
    Judith

The first image posted is, to me, the more interesting. He seems very isolated, not connecting with anything we can see, up above everything, and even treading on shadows. I like this though I would like just a tiny more space above his head. Other comments seem valid depending on your purpose. We each have our own aesthetic.

Real Name
    Pete

Just my opinion, so take it or leave it.

@#1: The image has lots of structure (triangles, lines, contrast), rhythm (pattern), movement (diagonals) and tonal contrast. It is also a simple composition which is a good thing. It also seems to work in all four quadrants with something in each. If you cut the image in half either horizontally or vertically, it is still an image of some sort of design. B&W works well. The focal point, even though the supportive space is busy and strong, is obvious. So well done on all those things.

I am agitated and uncomfortable looking at it. The dude looks lost, confused, disorientated, alone. The cutting off of the space he is looking into does that for me. He is also squeezed up into the top corner and really draws attention and creates a strong feeling of unease for me. My eyes first go to the centre left, then straight up the top right and back the start and back up again so the eye path is very linear from bottom left to top right. almost an anxious pattern. So there is an element of imbalance here for me.

I like the crop in #2 better to reinforce all of these ideas for me. Focal point is smaller and more isolated. I like the contrast in #1 though.

So, if that is what you were intending me to feel, well done I think you might be aware of much of this though.

Thanks for sharing and take care.
    Kind regards,
    Pete

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    The original frame has more depth Tejal
    Agree withyou on this. Thanks for your comment.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Tejal, I have come back to this image several times. I think what bothers me is that the subject is so close to the edge of the frame and is looking out of the frame. This seems to lead my eye away from the image...

I think that I would really like the original image better if the subject had been looking into the image - more toward image right!
    Thanks Richard for your valuable feedback. Your point now i am finding quite valid. I need to check my other images. I think i may have something better. ☺

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernFocus View Post
    IMO the original comp gives a better sense of scale and location. Second is more about the person. So which is the subject?
    Thank you for your feedback.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanflyer View Post
    The first image posted is, to me, the more interesting. He seems very isolated, not connecting with anything we can see, up above everything, and even treading on shadows. I like this though I would like just a tiny more space above his head. Other comments seem valid depending on your purpose. We each have our own aesthetic.
    Thank yoy for your feedback.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Just my opinion, so take it or leave it.

@#1: The image has lots of structure (triangles, lines, contrast), rhythm (pattern), movement (diagonals) and tonal contrast. It is also a simple composition which is a good thing. It also seems to work in all four quadrants with something in each. If you cut the image in half either horizontally or vertically, it is still an image of some sort of design. B&W works well. The focal point, even though the supportive space is busy and strong, is obvious. So well done on all those things.

I am agitated and uncomfortable looking at it. The dude looks lost, confused, disorientated, alone. The cutting off of the space he is looking into does that for me. He is also squeezed up into the top corner and really draws attention and creates a strong feeling of unease for me. My eyes first go to the centre left, then straight up the top right and back the start and back up again so the eye path is very linear from bottom left to top right. almost an anxious pattern. So there is an element of imbalance here for me.

I like the crop in #2 better to reinforce all of these ideas for me. Focal point is smaller and more isolated. I like the contrast in #1 though.

So, if that is what you were intending me to feel, well done I think you might be aware of much of this though.

Thanks for sharing and take care.
    Kind regards,
    Pete
    Thank you Pete for sharing your thoughts.