Thread: ACR Problems

Real Name
    John

ACR Problems

About 10 days ago, I mentioned that I was having problems with the Brush Tool in Adobe ACR. ADOBE support have been on the case since then and have finally bottomed the cause. I thought it might be useful to share he outcome.

The symptoms were that all the brush was doing was to overlay a white film on the RAW image. No subsequent adjustment was visible. The area that the white film covered was also offset from the brush position which if adjustments had been occurring, would have made accurate work impossible. Happened in CS6, PS CC 2015 and PSCC 2017.

The film was in fact a mask which obscured the adjustments being attempted and it was happening because the Mask checkbox (bottom right) was selected instead of the Overlay checkbox which would normally have been the default. The thinking is that the recent W10 major update was the culprit. I can go with that because I have found other setting altered on my machine - e.g. my Outlook calendar had switched a to a "Week by Week" view instead of a "Day by Day" view that I normally have set.

The offset is being caused because I set my Text size to 150% when I set up my monitor from my desktop.The offset doesn't occur if I default to 100%. This apparently should not be the case and is the subject of a discussion between ADOBE and Microsoft.

Hope this is useful.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: ACR Problems

Thanks John, that sounds like useful 'gen'.