Cardiff

Cardiff library (external)
    Cardiff

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Cardiff

Cardiff centre
    Cardiff

I like them all Rob, but this is my favorite. I love the diagonals that border the sky, the sky itself has a lot of character, and the smooth, rounded, silver surface is a pleasing contrast.

I also liked Stadium 2 very much, but the 6 on the bottom was a distraction for me.

Steve

Real Name
    John

Very dynamic, great use of pattern, leading lines.

Real Name
    Peter

Great work Rob. You have an eye for architectural shots. My preference is for 1 & 3.

I can pick out cameos in landscapes but not architecture. I do not like just photographing a building as a record shot. Your images do help me formulate my vision and what I like and don't like in architcture images. Keep them coming.

Which camera did you use for these?

Real Name
    Petra

"Shopping" is my favorite. Love the light fixtures. Great shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Ryan View Post
    Which camera did you use for these?
    Canon 50D. I used the Tokina 11-16 on 2,3,4,5, and the Canon 24-105 for 1,6, and 7. My favourite that day was this one...

ON BLACK

Cardiff

Real Name
    Steve

Shopping, you must be very brave. Looks like a dump, no wonder you did it in black and white. Who's the chap, this is my favourite. But that is predictable.

Real Name
    Kay

Shopping is far & away my favourite too....but I also really like the way stadium 2 - has the number 6 and the supports or cables show as 3 up/ 3 down gives 6 anyone else think that?
    please stop me now, If I'm being obtuse again (chronic lack of water is the culprit I'd wager)

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    Shopping, you must be very brave. Looks like a dump, no wonder you did it in black and white. Who's the chap, this is my favourite. But that is predictable.
    I don't know who the guy is - just an old guy shopping. There are lots of old arcades in Cardiff which run behind the shops facing the main streets. This is one of them. I'm surprised so many people like this shot so much.

Real Name
    Steve

I think it has to do with the shadows and lamps. Nothing like that round here and I panic if I see security even if my camera is in a backpack. Because they do pounce, they do say stupid things like we've been trained to handle cameras, and tell lies about their rights to wipe the memory card clean.

This is Staffordshire and different interpretations to the law applies to most of the rest of the country. I'm not saying anything more

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

An outstanding set, Rob. My compliments.

Nice to see the Tokina 11-16 being pushed to perform at its best. DxO (whose RAW processor I use) has just introduced a new optics module (1 of 90 new body/lens combinations) for the software - for the 40D with this lens. So I've not got the modules for the 40D body with all the lenses I've got - which will not make me into a great photographer, but certainly helps the RAW processing workflow and the software is already aware of the body & lens combination and makes adjustments accordingly.