Santa Cruz (Experiments)
    HDR Trial 2
    Santa Cruz (Experiments)

Some HDR trials ..
    Please comment.

Real Name
    David

Re: Santa Cruz (Experiments)

Hi Ajith - You don't say what HDR software you're using, nor the parameters. Those details would be interesting to know. The two HDR labelled examples appear to be "realistic" HDR images and as such look very good to me. If you were working further on these pictures you might want to even up the horizon and do a bit of cropping. I may have further comments if you post the software and parameters.

Cheers

David

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Hi Ajith - You don't say what HDR software you're using, nor the parameters. Those details would be interesting to know. The two HDR labelled examples appear to be "realistic" HDR images and as such look very good to me. If you were working further on these pictures you might want to even up the horizon and do a bit of cropping. I may have further comments if you post the software and parameters.

Cheers

David
    Hi David ,
    I used photomatrix pro
    pls find the params below
    Strength: 70
    Color Saturation: 68
    Luminosity: 0
    White point: 0.250%
    Black Point: 0.044%
    Gamma: 1

Thanks for the comments..

Real Name
    David

Hi Ajith - Thanks for the data. The parameters that you are using are more or less the default values used by Photomatix Pro, except for the saturation which you have increased. The result appears to give a reasonably realistic image. If you were to increase the strength parameter you would probably find the image starts to look more unrealistic or "over the top" OTT.

Further departures from realism will result if you decrease the light smoothing parameter and/or increase the luminosity.

If you want to increase the brightness of Photomatix images, yet keep them realistic, I have found the best way to do this is via the white point function, sometimes setting this as high as its maximum of 5%. Another dodge for realism is to set the strength and saturation sliders to roughly the same value in the 50 to 60 range.

Note also, that of the four tabs at the bottom of the tool panel, only the controls under Micro seem to effect tone-mapping per se. Tone, Color, and S/H all appear to be standard sets of controls to be found in most other imaging software.

Hope these notes give you some further ideas.

David