Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Project 52, Forth Quarter by Adam

Real Name
    Adam

2016 Project 52, Fourth Quarter by Adam

OK, time to start off the final segment in this year long odyssey !!

And we'll start off the proceedings with something that's strange, I perhaps should of found a shot that's actually got something other than strangeness going for it

But I'm very much looking at this as a year long thing (cos y'know, it's a year long thing) and when I look back at the flickr album I want a nice representation of the things and places I saw, and also some of the moods what I saw conjured up. All pretty personal stuff... That's also why some of the "outtakes" I post alongside the included shots, are better shots! It's because I want the project to be representative of my year, not simply my best shots of the year.

So enough self indulgence...
    Last edited by Adzman808; 23rd October 2016 at 12:51 PM.

Real Name
    Adam

2016:52#42

Do you believe in urban legends?

2016 Project 52, Forth Quarter by AdamUrban Legend by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Not sure if to explain this or leave it hanging...

meh

Real Name
    Adam

2016:52#43

One thing that 2016 will be for me, is the year of street. I decided to take on street as a NYR, and I've enjoyed it. I haven't enjoyed so much all the online bulls**t that accompanies it online.... But it's all been a learning curve, and I think a genre I'm likely to stick with in my repertoire

2016 Project 52, Forth Quarter by AdamStep this Way by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

I was a bit spoilt for a lack of choice from that week... damn real life, interfering with my photography

I could (obviously) have lifted the shadows here, but I much preferred it as is... the graffiti is almost witty, but the almost missing person makes it a touch sinister... IMO of course, YMMV
    Last edited by Adzman808; 23rd October 2016 at 12:30 PM.

Real Name
    Adam

2016:52#44

For the latest one...

Well it's a bit of a landscape shot (and to clarify that, I think it's fair to say that the word 'bit' is used in it's strongest form, and the word 'landscape' in it's loosest possible form )

Now, there's a lot of very talented landscape shooters on CiC (and other genres too!) so it's probably best you just don't look at it

But, you know me (well...) so things will be a little loose and higher on intent than execution...

So for this, well I live near this Portuguese beach town, and so many of my UK friends are jealous, but the sun doesn't shine every day, life still has ups and downs, living in a foreign country is great, but also can be hard. It's still a new world to me.

So I wanted a shot of the beach that was empty, and I wanted the mood to be really dystopian.

So it had to be about the landscape, but not about the physical landscape - both at the same time

I'm not at all sure I've managed it... I'm not sure I've even picked the best shot of the ones I took...

But I've certainly given myself some ideas for future efforts

anyways,

2016 Project 52, Forth Quarter by AdamEmpty Matosinhos by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Real Name
    Adam

outtakes

outtakes:

2016 Project 52, Forth Quarter by AdamBlued and Yellowed by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

I sorta like this, blue and yellow repeated - plus I have a scooter shot in my head that I've yet to realise... so I keep practicing for when I see it

2016 Project 52, Forth Quarter by AdamMen at Work by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

I blogged about this one, I was looking for the fish market and instead found the commercial fishery... in my own little world I wandered in, and straight after taking this, EVERYONE in the shot stopped what they were doing to stare at me... and the penny dropped, I was somewhere I shouldn't be would've made the 2016:52 grade.. but it needs the back story and I did that on my website already...

2016 Project 52, Forth Quarter by AdamAlleyway by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Still finding my street feet. Certain quarters (well sixteenths !!) of the internet seem to think I'm ok at it. I dunno...

2016 Project 52, Forth Quarter by AdamWaiting... by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

One of the things about not living in the UK anymore, you see strange and wonderful things. And also sad things, like live birds for sale

2016 Project 52, Forth Quarter by AdamGraffiti'd Green by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

I was one of the (many) photographers that took part in the EyeEm project to document political messages that form graffiti in the city. Graffiti is a personal project of mine, so I was able to mix some of my own work into the day

2016 Project 52, Forth Quarter by AdamAge Creeps Up on All of Us by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

It's a bit cynical I know... But it worked well enough, didn't make 2016:52 simply because I've a lot of "street" in there already

Well that's all folks

Real Name
    John

Re: 2016:52#44

Post 2 and 3 nice concept.

Real Name
    John

Re: outtakes

Nice outtakes.

Real Name
    Adam

Re: outtakes

Thanks John

Real Name
    Joe

Re: 2016 Project 52, Fourth Quarter by Adam

Nice images!

Real Name
    Adam

Re: 2016 Project 52, Fourth Quarter by Adam

Thanks Joe

Real Name
    Adam

2016:52#45

OK back!

So for number 45 I've another shot that proved to be popular on flickr (but largely ignored on IG - shows how unimportant social media is I guess!!!)

The back story:

I thought I'd have a nice day out... You know the ones?

Just you, the camera and a place you haven't really explored before

I've a ton of images from that day... still collating them...

But my 2 favs are the ones I took while I was bored waiting for the train

2016 Project 52, Forth Quarter by AdamThe Empty Platform by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Real Name
    Adam

Re: 2016:52#45

The outtake is this one

2016 Project 52, Forth Quarter by AdamA Journey Begins by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

But I'm quite fond of both of them!

Of course by the time I got where I was going, all that soft light had sodded off and I was fairly ambivalent about the resultant shots.

Was a nice day out though

Real Name
    Adam

Fujifilm were kind enough to lend me a XF56APD for 10 days, so for the next 2016:52 shots I'm still going through all the ones I took...

That 56... It's a big ol' heavy beast (in the context of APSC), it's really very slow to focus, the DOF at 1.2 is ridiculously thin, making it frustratingly difficult to get a decent shot out of... and if I wished to purchase one, it cost about as much as the camera.

It's gone back to Fuji now... Man I already miss it

This MIGHT be my #46, but I'm still going through them all

2016 Project 52, Forth Quarter by AdamThe Street Performer by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Re: 2016 Project 52, Forth Quarter by Adam

A variety of scenes but they all work well.

Real Name
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    A variety of scenes but they all work well.
    Thanks Geoff,

The place I visited on the day out (Aveiro) is known as the Venice of Portugal, so I'd like to think that I managed at least one shot worth sharing... but let's see!

Real Name
    John

Some nice ones this week, I like the light effects.

Real Name
    Lindsay

Adam, your street performer has really captured my attention. I thought the white glove would be the main point of focus but my eyes keep going back up to his eyes, which is, of course, what should happen. Nicely blurred background as well.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Adam,

I really like the Station bench shot, if mine I would clone out a few minor distractions, but that's just me - never satisfied with reality

I like trains, but that shot doesn't work for me because the train isn't the subject

The street performer is intriguing, but it feels a little tightly framed at the bottom (although I can guess why) and the stuff behind him, camera right, is not as pale/washed out as I might make it (to reduce it's contrasts with the subject's coat).

The things I have mentioned are largely personal taste, so don't be discouraged, I enjoy your posts, even if I don't comment every time.

Cheers, Dave

Real Name
    Adam

Thanks guys,

I'll do a few iterations of the street guy when I get chance!

I actually had a job today, so I've got about 64gb worth of images to sort through and PP

The bench shot will probably stand as is... i think it could lose the odd square thing from the foreground but I'm happy enough with it not to bother, i could easily make it worse!!

The street one is basically a sooc jpeg (yes, I know, I know) as presented here, well with a 10sec tone curve tweak, so that WILL be revisted from raw

Still... shows why I'm lamenting having to give the lens I shot it with back to fuji!

That street was heaving with people, all the other shots have someone's foot or arm in them, so I had to get a bit to close just to get people to walk round me...

Also it was my first time with the 56 (85ish in FF) & it took me a few goes to get into the "its not a 50 ff eqv Adam, treat it like a rifle not a flick knife" mindset

Tbc!

Real Name
    Adam

I wonder if *perhaps* I've gone to far with it TBH...

2016 Project 52, Forth Quarter by Adam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast