Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Near the church

Near the church

Near the church

HDR Night, 5 photos with 2 EV between shots, merged with Zeronoise.
    Last edited by alvarito; 9th September 2010 at 07:09 PM.

Real Name
    David

Re: Near the church

Hi Franscisco - Good image - showcase example for HDR techniques. The reflections in the RHS window are good as are those from the table top. The only point I would suggest is s spot of perspective correction on the church tower as the whole image leans to the right.

Cheers

David

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Hi Francisco,

Nice job

I wondered about 3 small things though ...

- There looks like there might be a bit of a colour cast,

- The sky seemed perhaps just a little over-saturated, and

- I wondered if the forground area was lacking a bit of contrast (ie a bit flat)

Hope you don't mind, but I've tweaked a few things to see if you think this is better or worse ...

Near the church

A good technical example of HDR. But I agree with David about the perspective needing correction - that sloping umbrella line makes it worse.

Colin of course, this is important constructive criticism:

- It is logical that there is some yellow color cast, I think we should respect the dominant produced by lighting, lamps incasdescentes here. If too cold and does not seem natural, your version too cold, in my point of view. What would happen if in a warm sunset orange eliminate this dominant characteristics? Would not it be logical to you? I can tell you that my monitor is calibrated periodically

-You may be right, though it was blue when I do not know if I'll be gone a little to saturate.

-I see on my monitor or contrast the two versions, yours and mine.

Carregwen, I think you're right, I should have straightened the umbrella, I will try to correct the fall of the tower as you have found perfectly.
    thank you both for your records

Corrected:

Near the church

I have fixed the inclination of the tower I added a little contrast to the ground, desaturated the sky and a slight correction of dominance.
    Besides also, I have corrected the distortion of the tower at the back:

Near the church

Near the church

thanks again for your notes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by alvarito; 9th September 2010 at 07:14 PM.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by alvarito View Post
    It is logical that there is some yellow color cast, I think we should respect the dominant produced by lighting, lamps incasdescentes here. If too cold and does not seem natural, your version too cold, in my point of view. What would happen if in a warm sunset orange eliminate this dominant characteristics? Would not it be logical to you?
    Hi Francisco,

I hear what you're saying - I don't disagree with the temperature side of things (I made it neutral where as I agree that more on the warm side would probably look better) ... but on the tint side (green / magenta axis) it also had a big swing towards a magenta cast, which I don't think flattered the image. Perhaps try using one of the walls around the table as a neutral reference to kill the tint, and then manually adjust the temperature to see if it improves it?

I will try what you say to see if it looks better, thanks

Here:

Near the church