Thread: Apple are at it again

Real Name
    Peter

Real Name
    Robin

Re: Apple are at it again

Looking forward to having this in my pocket.

UPDATE:

Pre-Ordered an iPhone 7 Plus this morning for delivery at launch next Friday. I'm not a fan of the Plus, much preferring the standard sized phone but I very much want the twin cameras so I'll just have to see how I get on with it.
    Last edited by Black Pearl; 9th September 2016 at 01:20 PM.

Real Name
    Robert (ah prefer Boab) Smith

Real Name
    Richard

My son-in-law's Samsung Galaxy produces far better quality images than my iPhone 6 Plus. However, I really like the 4K video of my iPhone (don't have any idea what Samsung video is - could also be 4K) and I absolutely LOVE the iMovie capability. I can shoot a short video of one of my rescue dogs , edit it and put it on YouTube - all from my iPhone...

I think that I will skip the iPhone 7. I almost never (except in a dire emergency) shoot stills with my iPhone.

Darn things are getting so big that I don't have it with me all the time. I tend to leave it in my car (which irritates my wife no end). I used to carry my little Motorolla phone on my belt all the time.

My greatest use (besides video) for the iPhone is listening to recorded books on tape when I am driving (bluetooth connection to my car radio). Using it to make and get calls is purely secondary and I NEVER text!
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 10th September 2016 at 03:14 PM.

Real Name
    John

Hopefully it's not this one.

http://www.newsday.com/business/tech...ard-1.12292547

It's interesting how some recent technology goes up in flames.

Real Name
    Sam

My wife is due for the upgrade this go around, so I'm looking forward to playing with hers when it arrives. RAW capability will be interesting for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by SamRothstein View Post
    My wife is due for the upgrade this go around, so I'm looking forward to playing with hers when it arrives. RAW capability will be interesting for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The DNG capability sounds interesting and now that Lightroom Mobile is raw capable I can see me having a fair bit of fun experimenting.

Real Name
    Leo Bhaskara

What I found interesting is that Apple finally decided to include NFC Type F/FeliCa in iPhone 7, although only in Japan. This was one of the reasons I couldn't consider using iPhone.

I've been using this so-called electronic wallet for more than 10 years, so I chuckled a bit when I read an article in a respected business publication that FeliCa is "Sony's answer to Apple Pay" (FeliCa was developed by Sony).

It's about time for me to buy a new phone, and it's probably going to be an iPhone. I've been using my current phone (an Android) for almost 4 years the battery is not good anymore. I would've preferred buying another Android, but in this country you can only buy a FeliCa-included smartphone through one of the major providers, and the one I'm using now isn't one of them. Importing one from abroad is not an option since none features FeliCa (usually it's NFC Type A or Type B), so I guess iPhone 7 is the only path for me.

Real Name
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticitizen View Post
    What I found interesting is that Apple finally decided to include NFC Type F/FeliCa in iPhone 7, although only in Japan. This was one of the reasons I couldn't consider using iPhone.

I've been using this so-called electronic wallet for more than 10 years, so I chuckled a bit when I read an article in a respected business publication that FeliCa is "Sony's answer to Apple Pay" (FeliCa was developed by Sony).

It's about time for me to buy a new phone, and it's probably going to be an iPhone. I've been using my current phone (an Android) for almost 4 years the battery is not good anymore. I would've preferred buying another Android, but in this country you can only buy a FeliCa-included smartphone through one of the major providers, and the one I'm using now isn't one of them. Importing one from abroad is not an option since none features FeliCa (usually it's NFC Type A or Type B), so I guess iPhone 7 is the only path for me.
    I wonder if Apple will add FeliCa to their Watch at some point? I use mine to pay for everyday items on a day-to-day basis to the point where it has become a completely natural thing to do, far more so than getting my phone or contactless card out. I actually get slightly annoyed at places that in this day and age don't have a contactless option.

EDIT: I should have checked first - the Apple Watch 2 does support FeliCa.

Real Name
    Leo Bhaskara

Yes, apparently Apple Watch will support FeliCa. I doubt you can use it to enter train stations' ticket gates, though. The gates are too low for that I think.

Apple are at it again

Real Name
    Bobo

The higher end Samsung phones were doing RAW from quite a while back, even the older s6.

Though this page seems filled with ifans, today's iphones are unremarkable and just copies of technology that others have already put into their phones. Someone does a watch, fruity does a watch, someone does a larger version, fruity does a larger version. Boring.....

In the days of Jobs, it was the other way round.

Paying this kind of money (and losing your "life" to fruity) is not worth it but ...

The best new feature (not implemented) is that the screen should have a dimple so that the tip of the nose has a nice place to rest... The next best feature would be an auto-swiper that moves to next screen on each detected exhalation from the nose.

Real Name
    Robin

I'm really glad you took the time to add such an insightful, informative, helpful and unbiased comment to this thread.