Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Salmon River Falls

Salmon River Falls

This was taken in NY, I was hoping to venture down to the bottom of the falls but the trail seemed too difficult for tennis shoes....oh well, I will go back another time. This was taken without the aid of a tripod, but I thought it came out pretty decent. C&C welcomed.

Salmon River Falls

Real Name
    Pops

Re: Salmon River Falls

A very nice picture. It does seem just a bit blurred, though. At 0.6" and f:36, I would suspect camera shake. This is a good example of "poor photograph, but good picture."

Pops

Real Name
    David

Warren - Interesting shot and interesting comment from Pops, with which I agree. I'm always keen on moving water shots, and when I saw this I thought "he needs a tripod". Then I read Pops' comment and thought - "correct". What I would have done is use a tripod, gone nice and slow on Tv to get the blur in the water, and then probably in post-production used a blur tool to make the foliage look out-of-focus. The result of that would have been very similar to what you have taken: camera shake vs Gaussian Blur! However, the only other comment I would make is that the foliage is about 1 stop under-exposed for my taste, but we're into aesthetics now.

Cheers

David

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    This was taken in NY, I was hoping to venture down to the bottom of the falls but the trail seemed too difficult for tennis shoes....oh well, I will go back another time. This was taken without the aid of a tripod, but I thought it came out pretty decent. C&C welcomed.

Salmon River Falls
    Warren,

I am glad you are being cautious, I read so many stories about hikers falling into a gorge or being hit on the head by falling boulders. I did the same thing recently, hiking into the Niagara gorge, it was muddy and I was feeling a bit exhausted a mile into the walk and decided to turn back, plus I didn't have any water. You captured a very good image with your limited time.

Hi,
    Yes,it is a very good capture!
    To get more deep flipping horizontally is a very easy method

Salmon River Falls

Success
    Radu Dinu