Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: happy painting

Real Name
    Paul

happy painting

shot of my daughter deep in thought painting a picture.a little crop,sharpen and a tweak of levels.o and some dodgy photoshopping on the tv.c&c welcome

happy painting

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: happy painting

That is just a gorgeous, natural picture of a child relaxed and very obviously at ease with her surroundings and what she's doing. My immediate thought that it serves a beautiful record that, hopefully, when she's an adult perhaps with children of her own, she'll look at it with great fondness and affection.

The only comment that I'd make that might have helped it further would be in relation to your point of focus. I note that you shot it at f4.5. I think I would have been tempted to focus on her nose or eyelashes, rather than, I would guess, on her hand. I think this would have brought her whole face and hair into sharper focus and kept her hand in focus as well.

But that comment doesn't detract from what is, simply, a lovely image. I would compliment you on the composition. Many people would have had the child at centre stage. But you have set her very much in her surroundings, giving as much prominence to what are obviously her belongings and possessions as to the person. This tells us (and hopefully her in the future) about her life and her childhood.

Real Name
    Paul

Re: happy painting

cheers for the comments.I'd been outside with my camera.as i walk in i could see her painting at the table.i was drawn to her hand and the happy face on her mug.but i think your right focus on her face/hair would have been better.this 1 of 4 photos i took of her.this being the first after this she saw me and the moment was gone.another time i hope