Thread: Street Photography in Cassis France

Real Name
    Erik

Street Photography in Cassis France

C&C Welcome - We spent a morning in Cassis France. I had my 70-300mm lens on my D7200 try to work on thinking Zoom and long distance. Normally in city I have a 17-50 f/2.8 on my camera. I learned to work on focus a bit more and raise the SS with longer Zooms. Opportunities present themselves quickly and many were lost due to poor focus/sharpness. Here are a few of my Favorites

1. I spotted this Lady walking - the red vest and shoes were an eye catcher. She stopped to look at some art on a fence. I wish it was a bit more sharp.

2. Store Opening - I like the shadows on this...thinking the color cast might be a bit off

3. Laundry . I feel I hit the focus on this one, I am wishing there was a bit more color but still nice

4. Relaxing on the Bench Two Version - different crop. I sorta like the "real estate" on right side of tree...

5. Lady in Waiting - I watch this lady on her phone and thought the Flowers on the left side added a nice contrast. She was in this spot on her phone for nearly 10 minutes before a car came and picked her up.

6. Watching the Sea - I wish this Gentleman was wearing a different color than blue.

Thanks for feedback.

Real Name
    Sergio

Re: Street Photography in Cassis France

Erik, a very nice set.

I particularly like #1. The body language, gesture, and relative age of the woman and the man in the picture seem to be very close to one another. Good catch and story.

I also like numbers three and six. I my opinion you did well on your outing.

Sergio

Real Name
    Richard

Excellent series. Street photography at its best! Although I like them all, my favorites are #1 and #3...

Real Name
    Chris

1 and 3 for me!

Real Name
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio M. View Post
    Erik, a very nice set.

I particularly like #1. The body language, gesture, and relative age of the woman and the man in the picture seem to be very close to one another. Good catch and story.

I also like numbers three and six. I my opinion you did well on your outing.

Sergio
    Sergio - thanks for the feedback. I do like 1 as well - I wish it was just a tad sharper, but that is pixel peeping a bit. It was a great deal of fun spending the morning in this town.

Real Name
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Excellent series. Street photography at its best! Although I like them all, my favorites are #1 and #3...
    Thanks Richard - it appears that 1 and 3 are the winners and I would agree.

Real Name
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by ccphoto View Post
    1 and 3 for me!

Thanks Chris!!

Real Name
    buy me a drink first.

Hi there
    I think No.3 is good, although it needs straightened.
    The others have a desolate feeling which I feel require more background/context. SP in empty places can be extremely difficult.
    Your colours and exposure are great; nice and punchy.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

2. Store Opening - I like the shadows on this...thinking the color cast might be a bit off

Who cares? It works wonderfully

3. Laundry . I feel I hit the focus on this one, I am wishing there was a bit more color but still nice

On no. That, relatively, limited palette is France. Don't try and make it something is wasn't it beautifully captures the mood. And that tilt you've put in it it beautiful. Adds in a dynamic; a movement in the scene

4. Relaxing on the Bench Two Version - different crop. I sorta like the "real estate" on right side of tree...

I agree

5. Lady in Waiting - I watch this lady on her phone and thought the Flowers on the left side added a nice contrast. She was in this spot on her phone for nearly 10 minutes before a car came and picked her up.

Again a very simple colour palette and that is what makes it such a good image

Real Name
    John

It does look like you missed the focusing mark on most of these, you can see that objects are sharper in areas in front of your subject, e.g. #4 the tree is in perfect focus. Nice efforts.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

I am already tired by now just looking at images and posts, so I will just say, I like #1 very much and of course #3...as you said, in #1, her shoes is quite attractive. WEll, she know how to match her colours at least...the laundry guy is very nice quick shot too. He looks like he had just been disturbed by the tasks of having to put his washings to dry...LOL

Real Name
    Mark

great set - I go fully with Donald on his feedback, as for the last one - i actually like the all blue of the image, its more subtle and makes me look for more rather than something shouts at me so I miss the subtle details

Real Name
    Greg

Very good set, Erik. The 3rd is my pick too; I think the tilt, whether intentional or not, gives the composition tension.

ON the 6th shot, I wonder if you could have moved slightly to the right so that the man's feet could be seen through the gap in the barricades?

And one question about the 2nd: the edges of the sign appear to be vertical, yet the door frame appears to be tilted. Is that how it is?