Some very different images and C&C is most welcome

A Small Selection of Monochrome

Real Name
    Kay

Re: A Small Selection of Monochrome

Impatience makles me smile as I can relate to the theme (Mum did you wash....etc) but the last 1 is my favourite - it keeps you looking and asking questions.....
    I think the Gaurdian readers would call it 'thought provoking' but I'm not sure

Real Name
    David

Hi Steve - I've looked carefully at these and I think they all have a sense of irony associated with them - was this intended?

#1 looks like one of the least amusing places I could imagine; #2 says, "Just when I've got a (rock) solid grip on something, another idea is waiting in the wings."; #3 reminds me that there's no escaping the wash-up; and #4 says, "Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair." (Or something like that from "Ozymandias" - Shelley.)

Cheers

David

Kay, David, I have achieved what I set out to do when other people find their own interpretations in my images.

#1 looks like one of the least amusing places I could imagine
    My thoughts exactly but I do have this great love for the tackiness that is the British seaside resort. It is one of the great comforting and constant aspects of British life

#2 says, "Just when I've got a (rock) solid grip on something, another idea is waiting in the wings.
    I was thinking of youth waiting in the wings with this one.

#3 reminds me that there's no escaping the wash-up;
    Impatience makles me smile as I can relate to the theme (Mum did you wash....etc) but the last 1 is my favourite - it keeps you looking and asking questions.....
    Mmmm I did not quite capture this right. The jeans are wet and slung over the shower rail and were a testament to my impatience to help WireVixen to scrub her back However the personal interpretations make it all the more worthwhile

"Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair." (Or something like that from "Ozymandias" - Shelley.)
    I like that. My interpretation was far less intellectual...break on through to the other side. My favourite Doors track

Steve

Real Name
    Steve

I like #1, it reminds me of Matlock Bath, a right tacky place brimming over with bikers.