Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Grenada

Real Name
    Alan

Grenada

Hello guys, I went out for more pictures and found some nice place for pictures. Need your opinion.

Grenada
    Grenada
    Grenada

Re: Grenada

Alan

There's nothing at all wrong here with the image quality of these shots. But they do seem to lack a focal point of interest. #1 might have been better zooming in more on the plant. With #2 I would have selected just one of the bones, probably the vertebrae and placed it on the rock and zoomed in for a close-up. #3 doesn't really do anything for me, I'm afraid. Try to find a subject that might have more universal interest. I know it's easy to think something looks interesting at the time you shoot it, but remember that you are there with all the other things that are going on which give it more significance. I always ask myself the question before I shoot something "What is someone else going to find interesting about this?" Unfortunately, because so many of my shots fall into the 'weird' category, the answer is often 'nothing'.

Keep trying! I find it useful to just look at shots in mags and newspapers and be critical with them. I look at the composition and the choice of subject, and try to work out why it works, or doesn't.
    Last edited by carregwen; 25th August 2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: spelling - it will be the death of me

Real Name
    Alan

Re: Grenada

Thanks for your suggestion! I would have thought of "point of interest." When I saw the only one plant on the first and thought it's interesting to see full of dirts and one baby tree in no where.

The last picture if just a drainer from the dam.