Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Old Monastery Door

Real Name
    Roland

Old Monastery Door

Hi all,

well, after 3 month on play with my D5000 this is my first post. I will be glad to hear all of your opinion.

Old Monastery Door

All the best,

Roland

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Old Monastery Door

Roland

And worth the wait. I do like the richness of tone that you have created in this image. It is an interesting point to debate whether a greater depth-of-field would have helped or not. I see that you shot it at f4. Would a smaller aperture have made it a better image?

The one thing I might have wanted to do differently would be to have the main vertical lines running truly vertical instead of sloping from bottom to top. But, again, this is a matter of opinion.

It's good to see you posting images. Please do keep doing so.

Roland

Glad to see you have started posting images. I like the dark richness of this (the type of shots I normally prefer). I think you could have included more of the right hand side of the carving as my eye tends to wander towards the centre of the shot too much. A very good effort. Keep posting them.

Real Name
    Roland

Hi Rob, Hi Donald,

thank you for all your appreciations and warm welcome and let me explain my POV:

@Donald
    It is an interesting point to debate whether a greater depth-of-field would have helped or not. I see that you shot it at f4.
    . I also have the same Q but I think that in this case shooting on large aperture offer me the opportunity to emphasize the carving.

@Rob
    I this case I wanted to have the cross in the right place (golden ratio).

Again thank you and hope to be back ASAP.

Best regards,

Roland
    Last edited by rolandjo; 26th August 2010 at 03:28 AM.