Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: England Black and White

Real Name
    Jeroen

England Black and White

Here are some photo's a took on my trip in England. Most of my shots aren't from typical English tourist places, but from all the things that caught my eye.

What do you think?

England Black and White

England Black and White

England Black and White

England Black and White

Real Name
    John

Re: England Black and White

Nice photos, especially the staircase. It's amazing that the woman and her baby in the first photo was so stationary while the world was moving around her. Even her husband is animated enough not to be caught by the length of the shutter speed used.

Jeroen, I simply love No4. There is something pagan in its suggestion. The framing of the girl within the tree branches is inspired. You have definitely captured an essence of Britain with all these shots.

Steve

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Jeroen,

So, it seems to be official then, we brits always suspected we lived in a grey world and now you have proved it

More seriously, a great series.

Did you manage to use a tripod in a tube station for #1?
    It's a good shot, but unless you have control of the subject, I would imagine has a fairly high failure rate (i.e. too much moving), what was the shutter speed? 1/2s, 1 second?

#2 is just rather familiar and not, for me, very interesting, but it does show what a fair bit of our coast is like, so it is a good representation of our shores (literally).

#3 is great, brilliant composition, and an unusual stair lighting arrangement, was this in the hotel, or somewhere you visited?

#4 is inspired as Steve says, given the time of year and the lack of foliage on the bushes, was this area swept by fire recently? It seems the GF played a part after all - either that or you were dead lucky; I never meet people doing that when I'm out

Cheers,

I never meet people doing that when I'm out
    Travel Tip: Machynlleth, Mid Wales, Just prior to sowing the crops, just after sowing the crops, just before harvest, mid summers day and Giro day

Steve

Real Name
    Jeroen

Thanks for your replies,
    Dave, I didn't use a tripod for #1. I put my camera on a fence in the tube station. Th shutter speed was 0.5 seconds. I think indeed it's a bit long but I only had time for one try and than we had to go further again. #3 was shot inside the Liberty warehouse. #4 is shot in the New Forest National Park. Some areas had these rather strange bushes. Than I only needed some human figure at the open space. My girlfriend applied for that job

Real Name
    Steve

I like the stairs, a lot. The woman in the first is an example of the undead and the first to be captured in an image only jokin. It is however against the law to take photo's of train stations, I would be very worried about doing it and I'm pleased you not only got away with it but got a great photo.

Real Name
    Jeroen

Thank You Steve (arith),
    Taking photo's seems to be prohibited at about every interesting place. Therefore this one is a good example that it isn't hard and dangerous to take pictures where you shouldn't as long as it's crowdy and nobody notices it.

Taking photo's seems to be prohibited at about every interesting place
    Our politicians believe the camera steals your soul...they reserve the right to that privilege