Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Achtung Spitfire

Achtung Spitfire

A bit of fun. My son and I made an Airfix model of the Mk1a Vickers Supermarine Spitfire today. Well I made it and he watched. It was the first model kit introduced by Airfix and I remember making it with my Dad when I was a kid. I had forgotten how fiddly these kits are. My eyes are only just up this sort of hammering. Still the great British father and son tradition of building a spitfire has been upheld. I seem to remember that the Messerschmitt BF109E is next on the cards c/w with 303 bullet holes made with a heated pin. Given the condition of my eyes I might plump for an Audi....c/w bullet holes of course.

Achtung Spitfire

Achtung Spitfire

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: Achtung Spitfire

Love that second shot.These would be good examples for Pops What I saw thread.

Wendy

Thanks Wendy. Good point I have just been wittering on over there.

Actually it may have to wait my son has just asked if we can finish the model. Duty calls, tally ho, bandits at 10 O'Clock

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Actually it may have to wait my son has just asked if we can finish the model.
    Out with the Humbrol?

Ssssh. It is a special prototype it does not need painting. It allows the boffins at HQ to check aerodynamic detriment of the rivet heads. I have enough trouble getting the Cuprinol on a 6x6 fence panel so painting a 1:72 scale model in battle of Britain colour scheme is defo out.

Real Name
    Pops

Steve, that pair of shots does indeed fit the theme of my little exercise. I will be proud if you do put it up to be included in the examples folks have already posted.

Pops