Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Oil Dish

Oil Dish

I hate 'minimalist' as a photographic term but I seem to have been producing some rather busy images lately so the minimum content helps clear the gremlins out.

It may come as a surprise that us Northerners use these dainty receptacles for dipping our ciabatta but Hovis and dripping is hard to come by these days

Oil Dish

Oil Dish

Oil Dish

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: Oil Dish

Well I had to look up ciabatta (we just call it Italian bread or loaf here in this colony) and Hovis which sounds like good old fashioned nutritious bread and hence the difficulty in finding it. In my area you have to put down close to an hours wages to get a loaf of bread with any nutrition or taste to it.

I like the single shots. They look like teardrops.

Wendy

Real Name
    Richard

Like them, the first one is my favourite due to the lack of reflect from the background and the high contrast! Nice photos

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

This is indeed your territory and, goddam, you're good at it.

Oil? - That's what you put in the tractor. They must be posh where you come from.
    Last edited by Donald; 21st August 2010 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks Wendy, Richard & Donald

Oil? - That's what you put in the tractor. They must be posh where you come from.
    Yep, indoor lavvy, coal hole under the stairs and a back boiler. Dipping ones Italianate bread in ones olive oil and balsamic vinegar nestles comfortably along side dunking ones buttery toast in ones mug of tea and swilling down ones pickled eggs with Walkers stout.

Steve Don Qui Jaquet Esq.