Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Uploading Photos - Help!

Uploading Photos - Help!

I am new to this site and to everything else! The sheer number of pages, forums, posts...are overwhelming for me!
    How do I ask for help for a problem I have?
    How do I insert/ attach a picture from my computer? The icon asks for URL of my picture, does that mean I have to post it on internet first?
    Thank you ladies and gents
    Hamid

Real Name
    John

Re: Help!

Hamid,

See the section on creating albums. Welcome to the group.

https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/fo...faq_vb3_albums

You may also find this previous post on a similar subject useful HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

If you are starting your own album/s for images to include into posts just select Community (from the heading lines) then follow the directions to create personal albums. Just remember to keep your images to 700 pixels max on the longest edge; and after uploading them to your new album, don't forget to click Save Changes. That is where so many people, including me, come unstuck at the last moment.

Alternatively you can link photos which are on another photo holding site (I use P base). The only thing to watch here is to make sure that you select your entire URL code.

To start a new post, just choose the best category for your subject. To insert a photo, click the insert photo logo (5th icon from the far end on the heading bar) Uploading Photos - Help! and paste the address. You can insert it anywhere into a suitable place within your text. Either from your personal albums here (using the BB Code) or from another site.

Being from the pre digital age I frequently suffer from internet confusion and had my share of initial problems when I first started using this site, but I quickly found it mostly appears more complicated than it really is. Although a few things, like Private Messages etc, still make me think carefully before I tentatively attempt to use them.
    Last edited by Geoff F; 19th August 2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: add insert image icon (using insert image icon)

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Thanks Geoff,

One minor point of clarification - If using BB code, you won't need to use the insert image icon Uploading Photos - Help! because BB code already has IMG tags around the url. Just paste BB code into the post text box and 'job done'.

Thanks,

I never knew that, Dave, I have always selected the icon first.

See that, Hamid, we are all still learning.

Thank you all. I created an album and uploaded a picture
    Geoff: What happens if I upload and post the picture with original size?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    I never knew that, Dave, I have always selected the icon first.

See that, Hamid, we are all still learning.
    I edited acouple of your posts yesterday to remove excess tags. I did wonder why they were there. Now I know.

Re: Uploading Photos - Help!

Carregwen: what is a tag?!

Hamid, you really need someone who has a degree in computer software writing to adequately answer that little question - which lets me out!

But basically, it is a couple of letters attached to your input which tells the computer system what to do with it. Maybe someone can explain it better than me.

If your image is too large it will be automatically resized downwards which may cause a loss of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Hamid, you really need someone who has a degree in computer software writing to adequately answer that little question - which lets me out!
    Well, that's rather unfortunate as everyone in the Western world seems to have a degree in photography.

Hamid - a tag is a keyword associated with a piece of data that controls how it is used in a system. IMG tags, for example, tell the system that the link data refers to an image.

Pittington Durham

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by McTangle View Post
    Pittington Durham
    Hello there.

Not sure what you're asking. If it is 'How do I post images?' then please click on here. All will be explained