Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: fireworks

fireworks

this is not the best picture, but the only one I could get to upload. This was taking July 4, 2010. It's my first try at shooting fireworks
    fireworks let's see if this works

Real Name
    John

Re: fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by Barb View Post
    this is not the best picture, but the only one I could get to upload. This was taking July 4, 2010. It's my first try at shooting fireworks
    Hi Barb,

Welcome to the group. Nice effort, judging by the short bursts you used a fast shutter speed. Could you share your camera model and settings with us? I believe there is a fireworks tutorial that you should take a look at.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by Barb View Post
    Hi Barb,

Great effort. If the images won't upload it's usually because they're too big. Do you have anything you can use to downsize them?

I used my nikon D5000 with a nikon VR 18-200 lense.
    f/4.2 ISO 400 exposure time 3 sec.

the tutorial is how I found this site. I found a couple other sites if info on shooting fireworks also, and everyone has a different way. I tried a couple different setting that night.

I have photoshop but still learning how to use it. I have never downsized before.

Real Name
    Pops

Welcome to the forum from a neighbor. Good catch on that photo.

In photoshop, click on image, resize, image resize. Then set the size, set the pixel density and click OK. When downsizing for posting directly on the forum, I usually do my upsizing and pixel density increaasing frist, save that copy then down size from there. When downsizing, I don't worry about the inch dimensions but just set the large dimension in the pixel bar at the top to 1020. If the "maintain proportions" button at the bottom is clicked, that is all you have to do.

Pops

I'll give that a try, thanks for the help. Oh and good to meet a "homey"