Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Garvie Bay, Wester Ross

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Garvie Bay, Wester Ross

For the first time, I used the 'Film Grain' menu in DxO's RAW processor. Still not convinced about it, but felt it might add the bit of 'grittiness' that I wanted.

This a companion to this, in terms of trying to capture the bleakness and harshness of so much of the north-west part of Scotland.

Now that I've told you that's what I was trying to achieve, I've interfered with your objective thought processes, but I'm keen to know if you think it works, or is it just dull image with insufficient interest?

Garvie Bay, Wester Ross
    40D, Tokina 11-16 f2.8 @ 11mm. ISO 100. 1/45 @ f9.5 (don't know why, finger must've slipped). Manual. Spot. 18:25.

Real Name
    John

Re: Garvie Bay, Wester Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    For the first time, I used the 'Film Grain' menu in DxO's RAW processor. Still not convinced about it, but felt it might add the bit of 'grittiness' that I wanted.

This a companion to this, in terms of trying to capture the bleakness and harshness of so much of the north-west part of Scotland.

Now that I've told you that's what I was trying to achieve, I've interfered with your objective thought processes, but I'm keen to know if you think it works, or is it just dull image with insufficient interest?

Garvie Bay, Wester Ross
    40D, Tokina 11-16 f2.8 @ 11mm. ISO 100. 1/45 @ f9.5 (don't know why, finger must've slipped). Manual. Spot. 18:25.
    Donald,

You may need to add a little noise to the image, the background is a little too clean compared to the foreground.