Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Help with remote shutter release

Real Name
    Chris

Help with remote shutter release

Hi, I just bought a remote shutter release, vivitar rc 200 for canon. I followed all the instructions but for some reason it won't shoot. I've read threads about how poor the instructions were written, which they are pretty vague.

Has anyone had problems with this or might know why it's not shooting? I synced the transmitter and receiver and I see green lights when I press the shutter half way. But when I fully press it nothing happens. Any suggestions would be helpful.

thanks

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Help with remote shutter release

Just called customer service and they are of NO HELP whatsoever. Was placed on eternal hold several times, asked stupid questions, placed on hold again by a supervisor then disconnected. Was probably on the phone with them for 45 mins and the only solution they gave me was to try to replace the battery. It was apparent that they had no procedure in place for a call center or for trouble shooting.

I'm hoping someone here might know how to troubleshoot this.

thanks so much.

Which model of Canon do you have?

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be of much help either; but I vaguely remember a similar question somewhere, and it appears that not all models are suitable for some release systems.

So if your camera isn't specifically mentioned on the list, that could be the cause.

Because of these potential risks, I purchased a genuine, but expensive, Canon release and even then I double checked that it was suitable.

Real Name
    Chris

I have the 50D. The one I bought had mine listed along with the 40D.

Real Name
    Ben

I don't have a Canon but on a Nikon you first need to set the shutter release mode to allow the use of a remote. Otherwise you would be able to set off everybody's camera inadvertently (or on purpose!)