Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Izzie's P 52 month of March -- for C&C please...

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Izzie's P 52 month of March -- for C&C please...

FIRST WEEK -- Feb 29 – March 6

All of these are part of my learning experience in pressing buttons on my camera. If I don't know the rules, I couldn't break it. Here I could have just chosen Aperture Priority, then work from there, but I want to learn how to do it manually from the Aperture first. I already know Shutter Priority for faster or action subjects so that is off the learning curve for now. In short, here you will find my SSs are all very low.

1 Prepping the bowl – Sourdough bread
    0.8 sec, F40, ISO 200

2 Olaf (from Frozen) with Super Heroes. I think these are two different kinds of Batman or something. He is swimming in Ranch Salad Dressing…
    0.5 sec, F40, ISO 400

3 Another shot of Olaf and other Disney characters' friends. Just yapping around…
    1.6 sec, F20, ISO 100

4 (Strawberry Spa) Come on in – the milk if just fine!!!
    1.3 sec, F32, ISO 100

5 Thomas the Tank Engine – who can forget him. I have those little trains under my foot for many years, especially in the middle of the night when I was trying to get milk for one of my boys from the fridge. His railroad is made of zucchini skins. There are more at the back near the celery trees. I did not try to get the whole shot of the celery tree as it is already recognizable at that size. And I do not know who that guy is inside the hut. That frog there will go home to my little grandchild, Anika when we go over…SOON.
    2.5 sec, F22, ISO 100

6 And last but not the least, Diversity. Our skin colour might not be the same but the message here is that Caucasian or brown skin, black or yellow, etc., we are all the same inside.
    ¼ sec, F25, ISO 100

For next week, I plan to use all out to start with proper exposure, SS and Aperture + EC, flash if necessary. Bill made me some props and I plan to use them properly. Thank you all for looking. I will appreciate any comments. In the meantime, I have some shooting to do today. Getting back to proper photography will be a blast next week. Hopefully excuses nor other ignorant excuses…

Thank you. <I just heard a sigh of relief from Dave Humphries…>

Cheers all....
    Izzie

Re: Izzie's P 52 month of March -- for C&C please...

These all work well for me, Izzie. Great fun scenes.

You have the exposure and focus depth under control with all these scenes.

Real Name
    Binnur

Lovely

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    These all work well for me, Izzie. Great fun scenes.

You have the exposure and focus depth under control with all these scenes.
    Thank you very much, Geoff and Binnur. I am glad to get your approval. 'Appreciate your passing by and commenting.

Real Name
    Dan

Izzie, you clearly love photography. I'm not so creative. Plus I'm too lazy to create subject matter.

The first one is cool. But the strawberries are awesome. I don't do indoor lighting etc. so don't really have anything to offer on the technical side of things. Keep shootin'

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Great captures. But so much work to ge them! Envy your artistic bent and the effort you have put into turning your concepts into creating reality to photograph. As for me, I went to the same photo subject shooting school as Alaskan Dan. Also. Very much like the message with last shot ' Diversity.'

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernFocus View Post
    Izzie, you clearly love photography. I'm not so creative. Plus I'm too lazy to create subject matter.

The first one is cool. But the strawberries are awesome. I don't do indoor lighting etc. so don't really have anything to offer on the technical side of things. Keep shootin'
    Still, it is nice that you passed by to comment...That milk in the strawberries should have been chocolate melts but I got lazy...
    Dan I go to the internet for themes earlier in the end of last year because I really want to do this P52...
    Thanks again for commenting, I do appreciate it very much...

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post
    Great captures. But so much work to get them! Envy your artistic bent and the effort you have put into turning your concepts into creating reality to photograph. As for me, I went to the same photo subject shooting school as Alaskan Dan. Also. Very much like the message with last shot ' Diversity.'
    Thank you Ken (also Glenise). Yep so much work before the shutter is finally released but it was well worth it. The problem is this old legs going up and down the stairs to go to my den to look at the results and if I did not like the result, I will do a reshoot while said items are still there and had not been put away...yet. The one that I sent you in the email this morning, I have not put here yet because I think that was my first successful one so far -- only two focus shots! I am proud of that feather in my cap, mind you, so I shared it straight away...

Thank you for passing by and commenting. I do appreciate it very much.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

What a combination of fun and creativity...you really rock...i liked all of them without any exception....

Real Name
    Tony Watts

Great fun. I'd like my omelette with that bread. I like the sentiment of the last one too although I would probably leave out the two unbroken eggs.

Real Name
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    ...Thanks again for commenting, I do appreciate it very much...
    And I'm sure I'm not the only one on CIC who appreciates your enthusiasm. It's somewhat contagious

Your mind works in a unique way and it is helping to create some wonderful and fun shots. Keep them coming as they are so enjoyable and they are getting better too. I laughed so hard when I saw the strawberries and my initial thought was "they need bikinis".......Ok, maybe not

Real Name
    Greg

I love your how your imagination works, Izzie. The azure gradient in the first shot makes it seem like an alpine setting to me. And the 4th - so whimsical - reminds me of the M&M characters. The 6th is well conceived but I think the writing is overkill. I would be happy with just the two broken eggs, and the shot then entitled Diversity - let the reader ponder the rest.

Real Name
    Joe

Lovely, all of them!

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
    What a combination of fun and creativity...you really rock...i liked all of them without any exception....
    Thank you, Nandy...appreciate your comments as usual...

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by TonyW View Post
    Great fun. I'd like my omelette with that bread. I like the sentiment of the last one too although I would probably leave out the two unbroken eggs.
    Thank you for the suggestion. AFter looking at it again and reading Greg's comment too, I believe you two are right. I will see to it that next time, it will be more suggestive to the audience and not my feelings about it. 'Appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thanks again.

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by Rita View Post
    Your mind works in a unique way and it is helping to create some wonderful and fun shots. Keep them coming as they are so enjoyable and they are getting better too. I laughed so hard when I saw the strawberries and my initial thought was "they need bikinis".......Ok, maybe not
    Funny you said that...I was thinking the same when I put out my nori sheets for sushi but I changed my mind. I was also thinking of dunking them in chocolate -- I got too lazy to cook. I am allergic to anything chocolate because I get sick when I eat them because I am caffeine free so cooking even a small bit for presentation, I immediately thought of "Who is going to eat them?" So I used milk instead. Anyway, I have these little aubergines and I started making some bikini sort for them by carving the skin, ending up cooking it for Bill because I can't find a head to fit it...So many things in my mind...I have photographed two more...I will upload here later...Thank you for commenting. My mind is going 100 miles an hour just thinking of how I can keep busy photographing before I get dragged out of the house by you know who...

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    I love your how your imagination works, Izzie. The azure gradient in the first shot makes it seem like an alpine setting to me. And the 4th - so whimsical - reminds me of the M&M characters. The 6th is well conceived but I think the writing is overkill. I would be happy with just the two broken eggs, and the shot then entitled Diversity - let the reader ponder the rest.
    Yes. You are right. I just responded to Tony about reading your response and his too. I think you are right...My mind is like "What is next?" asking for more shots of different ones after the last one finished. I still have my choko arrangement in my dinette so I don't go rushing up and down the stairs from there to here in my den immediately. I will upload two more, one from yesterday and one from today...

Thank you so much for your suggestions and for passing by to comment. I really do appreciate it very much.

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by joebranko View Post
    Lovely, all of them!
    Thank you for commenting, Joe. 'Appreciate it very much...

Real Name
    Izzie

Here are two more of my work from yesterday and today...

1 Eggplant listening to a clown musician busker...the green thingie under the eggplant is called Easter grass. It is sort of wafer like and no taste at all, just food colouring I suppose...I bought a big packet of it when I saw it in that Asian supermarket and I suppose it is used for putting Easter eggs on top of it but can also be used for other stuffs. I will think of something...

SS 1/50, F 1/16, ISO 100, EC3.7 Flash fired

2 Chokos with a fireman and his mascot looking at a lemon.....sort saying to the fireman's mascot "Don't even think about it!!" by the way both of their lips puckered up. I thought putting little candy eyes works very well here...

0.4 sec, F1/36, ISO 800, Matrix metering. It was dark-ist cloudy outside so I upped my ISO a bit and I also used flash.

Thank you all for looking....will appreciate any comments.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast