Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ottawa Snow Storm

Real Name
    André

Re: Ottawa Snow Storm

This is the best that I came up with after incorporating many of the improvements that were suggested. I am pleased with it as it looks much better that the original and I thank all who offered such useful guidance.

Ottawa Snow Storm

Andre

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Looks good, Andre! You've preserved detail in the foreground according to your taste while preserving the feel of a blizzard. Well done!

One more thing to try: Perhaps some Local Contrast Enhancement will bring out even more detail in the foreground without having to introduce more mid tones. I've never tried it but in theory it should work.

Real Name
    André

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Looks good, Andre! You've preserved detail in the foreground according to your taste while preserving the feel of a blizzard. Well done!

One more thing to try: Perhaps some Local Contrast Enhancement will bring out even more detail in the foreground without having to introduce more mid tones. I've never tried it but in theory it should work.
    Mike

I already have applied as much Local Contrast Enhancement to the foreground as thought it would tolerate. I think that the downsized version seemed to have lost some of the crispness in the snow.

Andre

Real Name
    Stu

Andre, I like the photo. Having 'lived' the storm with you in Ottawa I think it is a good capture. Better than anything I could get...it is a very difficult environment for photography. Anyway, it was much easier when the storm ended. I took this photo at 10 pm after snow blowing the driveway for the final time!

Ottawa Snow Storm

Real Name
    André

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorstu View Post
    Andre, I like the photo. Having 'lived' the storm with you in Ottawa I think it is a good capture. Better than anything I could get...it is a very difficult environment for photography. Anyway, it was much easier when the storm ended. I took this photo at 10 pm after snow blowing the driveway for the final time!

Ottawa Snow Storm
    Beautiful photo Stu.
    It is interesting to note that your night shot is more colourful than the one I took in the afternoon.

Andre
    T.D.V.

Real Name
    J stands for John

Quote Originally Posted by Round Tuit View Post
    And I thought that you were all sunshine and Koala bears
    That is that large land mass to the nor-west of us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12