Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Qtpfsgui Cinfiguration

Where are the components necessary for qtpfsgui

I've been using Photomatix for sometimes with good success. I'd like to use qtpfsgui on Mac os 10.5 however I have no development background. I downloaded the application and it requires Qt4 which requires Xcode. Suffice to say after a hour of downloading various packages I still can't open the application.

Does anyone know (or can describe) what are ALL the components that I have to download are and where I can find them.

Thank you
    Max
    Last edited by maxsio; 8th November 2008 at 04:22 AM.

Re: Qtpfsgui Cinfiguration

This is a first for me. After posing the question, here is the answer! While I may look stupid, here are the answers for the next newbi.

Download Qt4's dmg from http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/download.php
    Download qtpsfgui application from http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/download.php
    (I am using version 1.9.2 which is doing fine so far)

First install Qt4, when finished install qtpfsgui.

It's as simple as that and a big thanks to Mandus for posting both parts of this answer on various sites.

Real Name
    David

Hi Maxsio - I'm glad you sorted the problem out. I've had some experience of Qtpfsgui - see some other posts on this site - but I've been using it on a Windows PC. Compared to Photomatix, this software takes some getting used to, so if you've got any problems I'll be more than happy to try to help. Good Luck.

David

Hi,

Has anyone manage to install QTPFSGUI on a Vista SP1? I downloaded the stable version and everytime I open a RAW file (Sony A700), it just crashes.

Maybe it has something to do with the RAW format of Sony A700 but I cannot test it as I don't have any other digital SLR.

Thanks in advance

Cris

it is working fine whit vista sp1
    you have to put the dll files in the same directory were you installed it
    if it is c/programfiles/Qtpfs you have to place the dll files in the Qtpfs manually
    best if you download the zip version (not the exe version) and unzip it in je programfiles dir
    unzip the dll-v4 zip files in the same map, en make a shortcut to your desktop

its working, but it is a weird program

Real Name
    David

Hi Cris - Re Sony RAW files. I have no experience of these files as such, but by way of background Qtpfsgui uses software called DCRaw to open and load Raw files. You might need to check whether DCRaw handles those particular files. http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/

In any event, try opening a Sony Raw file with Sony's own software and saving it as jpeg or tiff. Then try loading it into Qtpfsgui.

Hope these pints help.

David