Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Improved Stitching in Lightroom CC 2015.4

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Improved Stitching in Lightroom CC 2015.4

When stitching photos to make a panorama-style image, parts of the image are invariably lost at the bottom, top and sides due to irregular boundaries among the files being stitched. The Lightroom CC 2015.4 (not the standalone version) released today includes a capability that automatically fills in the space that eliminates the need for cropping so long as you are comfortable with the composition. The choice in Panorama Merge is called Boundary Warp because the boundary is warped to fill in the empty spaces that would otherwise have to be eliminated by cropping the final image. I've seen only one demonstration of it at The Lightroom Queen's blog, but that one is very impressive.

I rarely use Lightroom but this is the sort of capability that is very appealing to me the few times I need to do stuff my primary software can't do.
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 27th January 2016 at 08:40 PM.

Re: Improved Stitching in Lightroom CC 2015.4

It's no surprise to learn that the same capability is available in ACR 9.4. This article contradicts the blog at The Lightroom Queen by indicating that it's also available in the standalone version of Lightroom. A nice demonstration of it is also included in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    It's no surprise to learn that the same capability is available in ACR 9.4. This article contradicts the blog at The Lightroom Queen by indicating that it's also available in the standalone version of Lightroom. A nice demonstration of it is also included in the article.
    Has anyone here checked if it's in the stand-alone version? The Adobe blog also says it's in CC only: "This release also includes a new Boundary Warp feature for Creative Cloud members."

That statement that you found, Simon, makes me conclude that the capability is not available in the stand-alone version.