Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Nikon D60 vs Canon EOS 450D

Nikon D60 vs Canon EOS 450D

which is a better camera? nikon d60 or canon EOS 450D?

Real Name
    Mark Fleming

Re: nikon vs cannon?

@mmn_11

My advice to you would be a; go into a camera shop and see which one you prefer, b; what about Pentax, Olympus, Fujifilm, it really does depend on you mate. Do you like the feel of the thing? Is weight an issue? Price? Size, ie travel? As for quality of the pictures I would defer to the more scientific members of this site. My first choice was a Nikon D80 which I love (even though it's got loads of drawbacks) My next camera? D700 (Do NOT tell the Mrs!)

Mark

Real Name
    Peter Phun

It might not be a bad idea to bring an SD card or a Compact Flash card and shoot the same scene inside the store with the different cameras, then go home and compare the images if you have photoshop.

If you don't find someone who does. That way you're making a better comparison side by side. With metadata these days, you can tell which image was taken by which camera. In Photoshop or Bridge, you can access that info easily.

Mark, that D700 is it arrival this Christmas?

thanks ppl for the reply.. I appreciate it.. and ya i'm hitting on the advice as it is quite true.

basically i'm 17 and i was handling video camera for the past 5years and always wanted to move on to photography and now is the time.

Actualy with basic skills i'm gonna buy a cameras. thus don hv much idea to look for. cannon and nikon is considered the top. thus i'm lookin for nikon and with the reviews nikon d60 suits me.

Anyone out there could help me sorting a good camara which will last me long and wanna have photography more than a hobby. I'm more on taking landscape, street, documentry and protrait.

Got to agree with Chelseablue.

Most folk get the best results out of tools they're familiar with. So, unless you actually like using the camera and it fits well within your hand, don't buy it - irrespective of what the brand says on the front. Camera's are just tools - nothing more nor less. No brand is better than another - although some marketing campaigns are more effective than others. Basically, in choosing a camera, you are making a practical decision not a lifestyle choice.

Ask yourself this: "Why am I buying this camera?" If you're intending to do a lot of sports / action / wildlife, you'll need one that has fantastic autofocus and a good burst rate. If it's for portraits and landscapes, something with great tonal gradation and, maybe, a few more pixels.

Personally, I use Nikon - but ONLY because it feel's right. I know I culd have got a Canon, Pentax, Fuji, Samsung or Sony to do much the same job - but the controls are where I need them to be on the Nikon.

Hope you make the right choice.

Paul.

Real Name
    Mark Fleming

Something I forgot to mention. I've come to digital from film. I explained this to a guy I know in a camera shop and he suggested a training camera. So I ended up with a bridge camera, Fujifilm 5600, an excellent piece of kit that gets used when the weather is foul.

Just a thought as you could pick up a very cheap one from just about anywhere, you could then learn the basics of photography (you've picked one of the best websites, so that's a good start!) and learn how to process and manipulate images.

Good luck & happy shooting!

Mark

@pixel pete; I wish, maybe next one after having a quick chat with King Midas!
    Last edited by The Blue Boy; 8th November 2008 at 08:14 PM.

tks ppl! appreciate lots!