Thread: SB-600 and SB-800, which would you choose?

SB-600 and SB-800, which would you choose?

Hey people, my question just same as the title, the speedlight model, SB-600 and SB-800 which one is better for my Nikon D5000? I can afford for SB-800, but I want to choose the suitable one and best one for myself, I wouldn't want to spend for nothing, D5000 has no built-in wireless control, if I would want a wireless control, I need to get another wireless speedlight control, which is SU-800, but that would cost a lot if I buy both speedlight and the wireless control. So, expert here pls give me some advices regarding on this issue. Your contributions would much deeply appreciated.

Thank you so much!

D@wen

Real Name
    Malay Bose

Re: SB-600 and SB-800, which would you choose?

Hi Dawen,

SB-600 is nice speedlight model. It would, almost do all the works. SB-800 is discontinued model. SB-900 replaced it. Compared with SB-600, SB-900 is (i) about 45% costlier than SB-600, (ii) Guide No. is a bit more than SB-600, (iii) added facilities of firing multiple SB's from camera position and other little fancy facilities. If you are into lot of FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY then i think it is worth spending lot of money in purchasing SB-800/900.

Good luck & best wishes.
    mbose