Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Building Blocks

Building Blocks

I am not quite so dizzy today (in fact vastly improved) to I thought I best get some shots off before I have to go back to work

Building Blocks

Building Blocks

Building Blocks

Building Blocks

And a bash at expressing my deafness as an image...bit tongue in cheek really
    Building Blocks

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Building Blocks

All are wonderful. 1,2 & 3 are, for me, just right up there amongst the classics from the Wirefox School of Brilliance.

#1 is an amazingly 'disturbing' image in the sense of inducing all sorts of reactions including, and I hope you excuse me, dizziness. Awesome!

All very good, Steve. If you move your mouse wheel back and forth (to scroll up and down the page) with #1 the image seems to be moving in two directions. It must be because it goes out of focus so much. Weird.

Thanks Donald and Rob. I suspect the strange effect is a optical illusion caused by the artificial removal of perspective in PP. You will notice that the lines do not converge. I used the perspective tool in gimp to distort the perspective...it just looked better. As for dizziness I have been avoiding the view finder and using live view. Which is fine except that you cannot use spot metering. Unless one of you clever chappies knows otherwise.

Steve

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    You will notice that the lines do not converge. I used the perspective tool in gimp to distort the perspective...it just looked better.
    Now, that is clever. It's amazing that I knew there was something, but the mind is so locked in to thinking that an image like this must have converging lines, the fact that it doesn't just didn't register.

Brilliant.

Re spot metering. It's not spot, as far as I know, but if you move the focusing screen (that's what I call it), you'll find that you get readings from within that rectangle.