Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A thought for today

Real Name
    Richard

A thought for today

The Internet has pretty well replaced (or at least largely supplemented) visits to the local animal shelter in selecting dogs and cats to adopt. As very active members of the American Maltese Society, Maltese Rescue; we know first-hand how a decent picture will significantly increase the hits on any dog up for adoption.

A member of my organization posted the first picture of Sweet Pea which, although a relatively decent image (many Internet postings have horrible images) it did not generate much interest. Sweet Pea's foster mom visited us and I shot a quickie of Sweet Pea posed on our couch using bounced on camera flash. The new picture immediately began drawing interest and Sweet Pea is now living in her forever home.

Many photographers complain that they don't know what to shoot. Volunteering your time and expertise to your local animal shelter or rescue agency may save the lives of many cats and dogs. You can find the animal shelters in your local phone book and in the USA, you can locate rescue organizations close to you on www.petfinder.com. I am sure that in the U.K. and "Down Under" there are equivalent Internet sites which list rescue organizations.

Try it, you'll like it. It is good for the soul!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    John

Re: A thought for today

I don't know what type of people adopted Sweet Pea but she looks absolutely angry in that photo.

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    The Internet has pretty well replaced (or at least largely supplemented) visits to the local animal shelter in selecting dogs and cats to adopt. As very active members of the American Maltese Society, Maltese Rescue; we know first-hand how a decent picture will significantly increase the hits on any dog up for adoption.

A member of my organization posted the first picture of Sweet Pea which, although a relatively decent image (many Internet postings have horrible images) it did not generate much interest. Sweet Pea's foster mom visited us and I shot a quickie of Sweet Pea posed on our couch using bounced on camera flash. The new picture immediately began drawing interest and Sweet Pea is now living in her forever home.

Many photographers complain that they don't know what to shoot. Volunteering your time and expertise to your local animal shelter or rescue agency may save the lives of many cats and dogs. You can find the animal shelters in your local phone book and in the USA, you can locate rescue organizations close to you on www.petfinder.com. I am sure that in the U.K. and "Down Under" there are equivalent Internet sites which list rescue organizations.

Try it, you'll like it. It is good for the soul!

Real Name
    Terry

Re: A thought for today

rpcrowe?

I have seen some of the very best photos ever on this site. I have been in awe of the talent, knowledge, and the willingness to share said in the Community.

But this post is, without a doubt, raising the already unbelievable Standard.

An awesome idea, the inspiration of which can only come from a Heart that is as big as the Great Outdoors itself.

And my Heart Soars because of that.

Thank you for sharing your Gift, rpcrowe.