Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which is sharpened best if you can tell

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Re: Which is sharpened best if you can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Kit,
    If you did the viewing on separate tabs bit right - and clicked the image to overflow it (being 1599 x 1066 px, unless you have a huge screen, it should give scroll bars) I don't see how it is that small.
    OK, so I didn't get the bit about left(?) clicking it at CTRL-0. I thought you were meaning to view the image as it is unzoomed. But left clicking, either zoomed or unzoomed, gives an identical image, at 190mm x 130mm, with a gentle "lights out" effect. Right? But I don't get scroll bars, at least not with a landscape orientation. I also get the same sized left clicked image whether zoomed or unzoomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    If you are missing something, it is because I explained it badly, or you're using a browser that operates differently from FireFox, or both

Tell me more ... (about your screen, browser, etc.)

If you use browser zoom (i.e. by not doing Ctrl 0), it WILL look soft and in these images it really isn't necessary, given their large size. Using browser zoom on an image, especially one that is big enough, is akin to paying for an expensive lens, then always shooting through the car window glass and wondering it isn't sharp. OK slightly dodgy analogy, but it is that fundamental.
    I'm using bog standard Win XP, Firefox 6.3.4 on a 15 1/2" laptop screen. It is really the bane of my life, as far as photography and pp goes, but it's the only option until we live in a house again.

I don't think you are explaining things badly, but I'm a visual learner. Although I read a lot, when it comes to learning, I find written instruction difficult.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Kit,

Thanks for that, I spotted the bit you missed, in 4th para of post #10, I said; "this means you really need to right click each of the images to open them in their own new browser tab, then click each to view full size, which gets the scroll bars.".

Right clicking (on a picture) gives a context menu, select the second option; on FF: "Open Link in New Tab". Once the tab is open with just the image and nothing else, on a white background, then (left) click it to get the scroll bars.

I have bolded the relevant bit in this quote.

What you describe is the Lytebox, which I agree, always comes out the same size, or sometimes even smaller, depending on original image size and orientation.

Hope that clears up the problem,

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

No, darling, you missed a bit...
    OK, so I always open images to be compared in separate browser windows to view and with good results this way.
    from post #19.

But I think we have ridden this horse to bits now, so it needs to rest.

Have a cuppa. And a biscuit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12