Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Thule, Greenland

Thule, Greenland

I took photography in high school (15 years ago) and am just now getting back into it. I love landscape and nature photography and am looking forward to recieving feedback from those with more experience than me (pretty much everyone).

I am currently stationed in Greenland and took these pictures last week on my new Canon xSi. I adjusted the brightness levels a little in photoshop (I used the tutorial on this site).

img_1177.jpg
    Shutter 1/125
    F/7
    ISO 100

img_1174.jpg
    Shutter 1/100
    F/8
    ISO 100

img_1188.jpg
    Shutter 1/250
    F/6.3
    ISO-100
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Thule, Greenland

it clearly shows that you love landscape photography..........and we love watching your pics too.....i live in a place wher there are no mountains so i guess ur pics are interesting tome tht mountains surely looks very strange to me its shape,its color,etc little exposure tweaking in ps would have enhanced the pic more the compostion here demands some fine tuning to create a balance there is too much of the sea with out a single ripple in there.... it can easily be cropped

Hi Thuleite,

Had to Google you to find Thule so I guess you are on the base (??) - the website even had a shot of 'your' mountain. It is going to be interesting to see a few more shots of somewhere where most of us will never get the chance to visit.

Anyway, I had a 'play' with your first shot on Photoshop. Crop right down to the clouds on the left, and right up to the rocks on the right - then convert it to B&W - makes quite an interesting 'panorama' type format.

If you get the chance - post some shots of the Northern Lights for us.

Cheers, Richard.

Richard,
    Unfortunately, I am too far north to see the Northern Lights.
    I cropped a couple of the pics down to what I thought looked nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 3E4U.T View Post
    Richard,
    Unfortunately, I am too far north to see the Northern Lights.
    I cropped a couple of the pics down to what I thought looked nice.
    I like the second one - the cropping has given it that 'panorama' look which I think is very effective.

As for the NL's - I always thought you could see them right up to the pole - wrong again !! Story of my life

Cheers, Richard.