Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tom's Annoyed!

Real Name
    David

Tom's Annoyed!

My cat Tom is annoyed. He insisted on his portrait being displayed in the Pet Portrait thread, and nobody has commented. His ego is bruised. So, you're all getting a stare.

Tom's Annoyed!

As noted in the other thread, this was acquired via use of a wireless remote shutter release with me off to the left about to interrupt Tom by teasing him with a stick.

Cheers

David

Real Name
    Steaphany

Re: Tom's Annoyed!

The pain, the pain, those piercing eyes are ripping through my soul...

Nice image and I agree, a remote makes all the difference with animal portrait photography.

UPDATE: I just realized, Tom is an authentic Cheshire Cat

( Ever photoshop a pair of images where only Tom's eyes, and possibly open mouth, remain floating on the background ? )

Wow! that is a big grooming job. How do you manage to find time left over for photography?

Nice puss... pretty puss.

Real Name
    Yi

Lovely cat! nice DOF and lighting!

Real Name
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    My cat Tom is annoyed. He insisted on his portrait being displayed in the Pet Portrait thread, and nobody has commented. His ego is bruised. So, you're all getting a stare.

David
    Yup, he's annoyed all right (who says animals can't talk). Great job catching the expression. I don't know if I would want to stick around with that camera if he really got angry. Beautiful cat and a great model.

Wendy

Real Name
    David

Tom wishes it to be known that he is somewhat assuaged by your kind comments. He is mollified that his position as a Cheshire Cat has been recognised and that he has been seen in a good light. He now wishes his morning coffee, with cream. I wish it to be known that I have to live with him.

Cheers

David and Tom

Real Name
    Steve

Hello Tom!!

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I wish it to be known that I have to live with him.
    David. I feel for you. Anyone who has to live with someone who can eye-ball that fiercely deserves a medal. Just imagine the look if you are late with his dinner....

P.S. Tell him I think he is a Very Handsome Cat. He can come and sleep on my bed any time he likes.

Real Name
    David

Kit - I've passed on your message to Tom. He is now extremely pleased with himself and won't leave me alone. He would dearly like to visit New Zealand, but it's a long way for him and he's afraid of possums.

Cheers

David

Real Name
    Steaphany

If Tom goes on holiday in New Zealand, warn him to watch out for the Kakapo

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Quite frankly David, I think he would beat the living daylights out of any possum.

Real Name
    Steaphany

Quote Originally Posted by Klickit View Post
    Quite frankly David, I think he would beat the living daylights out of any possum.
    Maybe, I once read a news report out of Australia where some museum opened Monday morning to find the place destroyed from top to bottom. They initially thought a gang teen vandals broke in and ravaged the place, but later found just a couple possum.

Real Name
    David

Kit, Steaphany - Re Possums - When I was in NZ a couple of months ago, I bought a possum skin for my cats. Tom loves to "kill" it each day, particularly if I hang it up. He runs in, stands up on his hind legs, pulls the skin down and proceeds to pull lumps of fur out of it. After a few minutes of plumping he wanders off. His twin sister, Arwen, completely ignores the skin. Probably, Tom sees the skin as another cat, same size and colouring, and hence as a threat that has to be dealt with. Arwen, being smarter and female. couldn't care less.

Cheers

David

PS Here's another from the same series with Tom in full swing. You can appreciate from the movement of the paw and the look of concentration that Tom has his wild side.

Tom's Annoyed!
    Last edited by David; 12th June 2010 at 05:32 AM. Reason: addition of photo.

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Quote Originally Posted by Steaphany View Post
    Maybe, I once read a news report out of Australia where some museum opened Monday morning to find the place destroyed from top to bottom. They initially thought a gang teen vandals broke in and ravaged the place, but later found just a couple possum.
    There are a few insurance companies in NZ that won't cover for damage done by rampaging possums.

Here, we shoot 'em for the sake of our native flora and fauna, but don't tell any Aussies that I said that.

Real Name
    Kay

I heard that!

Real Name
    Steaphany

Quote Originally Posted by Klickit View Post
    Here, we shoot 'em for the sake of our native flora and fauna, but don't tell any Aussies that I said that.
    The same thing is done to Dama (Tammar) Wallabies that were transplanted to New Zealand and now considered destructive to the environment. Curiously, it's the Dama Wallabies of New Zealand who are the surviving subspecies from the Australia mainland where they were wiped out. If I recall, Kangaroo Island, SA, is the only place where any naturally wild Tammars are left. (To the dismay of local farmers)

Remember, I posted an image of one of my Dama Wallabies, I have 15 at the moment, and they make interesting pets.
    Last edited by Steaphany; 12th June 2010 at 11:30 AM.