Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Teen Spirit

Teen Spirit

One of my very rare excursions into people pics. I will not attempt to call these portraits but rather trying to capture the teen attitude of my youngest daughter. I realise I have blown some highlights using fill flash so any pointers would be most welcome as will general C&C

Steve

Teen Spirit

Teen Spirit

Teen Spirit

Teen Spirit

And a less Ramonesque pose

Teen Spirit

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Teen Spirit

Okay - initial reactions.

#5 IS a portrait of a very pretty young person.

#2 and #3 don't stand up as well as ....

#1 and #4, which are packed full of attitude.

When you do make an excursion into people pics, they are always saying something very powerfully. Never bland. Super.

Good attempt, Steve, in what is a difficult subject

TBH, I don't like the first three. I think they look as if she is facing the wall with her head tilted back (with hair hanging down).

#4 - I like this one, but not sure about the body straight on to the camera. Perhaps if she had turned slightly to one side? Also, it might look more edgy if you rotated a few degrees to the left to give it a serious slant. Think you need to fill more of the frame with the model.

#5 - Again, she is face on to the camera. Her neck/shoulder area doesn't look right. Not sure why. Is she hunching her shoulders.

Does she give you your pocket-money every week?

IS a portrait of a very pretty young person.
    Donald, she gets that from me.....not. She has her Mum's looks and my taste in boots!

Two and three are certainly weak on 2nd viewing although I think I could still do something with No 3.
    I don't like the first three. I think they look as if she is facing the wall with her head tilted back (with hair hanging down).
    Rob, I must admit when I was processing these I was not sure whether I had got what I set out to achieve. My first reaction was that the head was on backwards. I was trying to get a Ramones look harking back to my own 'look' when I was her age....yep the hair was like that once upon a time. I agree that at slight angling of the body for 4 and 5. The hunching of the shoulders was intentional but it does not really work with the style of No5.

I really appreciate both your honest comments. I have some thoughts to take with me next time

Steve