Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Memorial Day Bloom

Real Name
    Chriss Goyenechea

Memorial Day Bloom

Memorial Day Bloom

I got a hold of a macro lens to try out this weekend and did some flower shots.

Bad and good comments are welcome to improve my photography.

Thanks,
    Chriss

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: Memorial Day Bloom

Hi Chriss: I like the compostition and DOF. I think if it was mine I would try to clone out the partial petals at the top. Otherwise very nice to my eye. Do you have any more from the same set that you can post. Also I'm curious as to what camera and lens you are using

Wendy

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

The tight, close crop works very well. I find I don't mind partial petals that Wendy refers to. What I do wonder, however, is, because it is such a tight composition, what it would have looked like if you'd gone with a bigger depth of field and had everything in focus, i.e. particularly that large flower at the back right. I think it could have worked.

Real Name
    Chriss Goyenechea

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutR View Post
    Hi Chriss: I like the compostition and DOF. I think if it was mine I would try to clone out the partial petals at the top. Otherwise very nice to my eye. Do you have any more from the same set that you can post. Also I'm curious as to what camera and lens you are using

Wendy
    I shot it with a Canon 30D with an EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM. I took only couple shots from this lens since I was just borrowing it to test it out. The other two images turned out fine but the composition wasn't as good as this one.

The tight, close crop works very well. I find I don't mind partial petals that Wendy refers to. What I do wonder, however, is, because it is such a tight composition, what it would have looked like if you'd gone with a bigger depth of field and had everything in focus, i.e. particularly that large flower at the back right. I think it could have worked.
    I think it would look good. Too bad I didn't think of taking the image like that. blah