Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Last Glow

The Last Glow

This picture was taken during boating in the Asswan Lake at sunset. The Sun was quickly disappearing behind the hill, just giving out the last glow.

Taken by Nikon D90

dscf3722-copy-2.jpg

C&C welcome.

CK See
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 28th May 2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: add image inline

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: The Last Glow

Hi CK See,

It is a good shot, in my view it is a shame we have lost the end of the sail boom (I'm not naughtical, so I don't know what that's really called) at the top of frame.

I assume it was shot from another boat, which probably means my next comment was beyond your control - I think the shapes of sail and hillside, in fact composition in general, might have been more interesting if it could have been taken 30 seconds earlier, with both your boat and the subject further to right in relation to the hillside slope - just a thought - and probably impossible.

However, I don't want to overshadow that it is none-the-less, a very pleasant shot that captures the feel of the time of day very well with good exposure and WB.

Cheers,

Re: The Last Glow

The only tiny faults which I can find are some spots in the sky to the right of the sail. Probably birds but I think it would look better if they were removed.

Also the rock marker post clashes with the end of the bottom sail boom and causes confusion. Is it possible to 'saw' a bit of the post? I'm not sure if that is practical but I would consider a bit of cloning here.

But those are very minor suggestions.

Like Dave said, in an ideal world I would like to see the apex of the sail; but I can live with that.
    Last edited by Geoff F; 28th May 2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: extra line