Thread: Fun Ride

Real Name
    Tejal

Fun Ride

This picture was taken at a hill station where we went for the week end. It was evening time and light was low. I saw some people enjoying horse riding. I tried to capture them with low shutter speed. Here is one of them :

Fun RideIMG_1564 by patel_tejal, on Flickr

Your C&C are welcome

Thanks,

Tejal

Re: Fun Ride

Not quite right for me; but this sort of shot is so difficult to get looking perfect.

This seems to be more of a shot plus a 'ghost image' than a smooth blur. And what appears to be someone running alongside the horse makes the overall scene excessively complicated.

You might get away with using a Blur Brush to create a smoother blend of blur but I suspect this needs an even longer exposure on a slower moving subject?

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Not quite right for me; but this sort of shot is so difficult to get looking perfect.

This seems to be more of a shot plus a 'ghost image' than a smooth blur. And what appears to be someone running alongside the horse makes the overall scene excessively complicated.

You might get away with using a Blur Brush to create a smoother blend of blur but I suspect this needs an even longer exposure on a slower moving subject?
    Thanks for your comment. As suggested by you, I will try blur brush to create a smoother blend, which I have not used in post processing. In this picture shutter speed was 1/3 s (F/5.6 & ISO 100). Kindly give your guidance about shutter speed for best result in motion blur.

Regards,

Tejal

Real Name
    John

Shooting with slow shutter speed is fun and challenging, keep at it.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Shooting with slow shutter speed is fun and challenging, keep at it.
    Thanks John. It was my 1st attempt at slow shutter speed. It is fun but at the same time, as you said challenging also.

The correct shutter speed is variable and depends on the conditions plus subject matter. No simple rules I'm afraid; but if you want to continue with this sort of photography I would suggest having a look at the work by Sharon (Daisy Mae) who has posted a wide variety of excellent images.

Such as this one

Beachcombing in the evening rain

Real Name
    John

Some of the photos are no longer visible, but this was a blurred photo challenge from 2010.

Themed Photo Challenge #6 - It's all a blur

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    The correct shutter speed is variable and depends on the conditions plus subject matter. No simple rules I'm afraid; but if you want to continue with this sort of photography I would suggest having a look at the work by Sharon (Daisy Mae) who has posted a wide variety of excellent images.

Such as this one

Beachcombing in the evening rain
    Awesome...!!! Thanks a lot for sharing it.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Some of the photos are no longer visible, but this was a blurred photo challenge from 2010.

Themed Photo Challenge #6 - It's all a blur
    Ohhh that's great...!! Wonderful collection and lot of varieties. Thanks for sharing.