Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Say hello to ... John

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Say hello to ... John

Say hello to John, my ace accountant. John popped in today for the annual end of financial year chat, and to see the new studio. He wanted to see how everything worked, so I got ONE shot of him, and this is it!

Say hello to ... John

Re: Say hello to ... John

Did he get to keep the print, and (more importantly) was it tax-deductible?

Real Name

I had a bit on canvas left over on the end of a roll - so I printed a 22 x 15. Left it with his wife - hope he liked it

Real Name
    Ali

Hi Colin,

Not that I have an experienced eye, but one thing that strikes me in this portrait is that I see many patches of bright areas scattered around. Specially on his face, could it be that his skin actually like that?

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Alis View Post
    Hi Colin,

Not that I have an experienced eye, but one thing that strikes me in this portrait is that I see many patches of bright areas scattered around. Specially on his face, could it be that his skin actually like that?
    Hi Ali,

Basically, the direction of the light determines the texture that's revealed. If one uses light that's perpendicular to the skin then one gets what's termed "flat" lighting - but if it's at an angle then the "character" of the skin is revealed. With kids their skin doesn't have a lot of "character", but for us folks approaching and into our fifties, there's more "experience and wisdom" to be revealed!