Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Fujifilm X / RAW FILE CONVERTER EX 2.0

Real Name
    Henri-Pierre Chavaz

Fujifilm X / RAW FILE CONVERTER EX 2.0

No to sure it belongs to this topic but it is very camera dependant:

Fujifilm released RAW FILE CONVERTER EX 2.0 powered by SILKYPIX (Compatible with FILM SIMULATION)

Explainations can be found there Film Simulations in RAW File Converter EX Version 2 by Rico Pfirstinger / fujirumors
    Last edited by hpchvaz; 26th February 2015 at 11:09 PM.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Fujifilm X / RAW FILE CONVERTER EX 2.0

Welcome to CiC Henri-Pierre!

Thanks for posting this; it will certainly be of interest to Fuji shooters.

I find that (in general) the camera company RAW converters do a very good job; which is not surprising as they have all of the camera performance data and do not have to reverse-engineer the profiles, the way the third-party RAW converters do.

Real Name
    John

I used the original which came free with my X-Pro1 because at the time Adobe hadn't got around to modifying their RAW converter for Fuji X files. It produced good images however, I found the interface quite irksome. I would fully accept that this was partly due to the fact that I had by then become fully Potoshopped - but not entirely. It felt a little clumsy to me. As soon as CS6 RAW conversion came to be available for Fuji files, I dropped it out of my workflow. From comments around the WEB at that time, I wasn't alone. Fuji then withdrew last year and the new version has surfaced. How it compares I don't know but I shall be looking for any reviews.

Exactly my thoughts about the previous version. Did a reasonable job although parts of it were a bit 'cumbersome'. But I didn't really want to work with two different converters so I now convert anything from my X20 into DNG and edit with ACR. An additional task but helps to reduce my confusion.