Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pixie-Izzie Project 52

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Pixie-Izzie Project 52

I'll start with a dog on this first day of the year...This is Roxie, my Aussie Shepherd little dog. Love her even though she is a PITA at times. Very intelligent dog. I am training her to be my assistant and model too but she decided to go cheeky here...

Pixie-Izzie Project 52

I have taken other photos too but I am having some problems with Photoshop CS5 not recognizing my NEF file from the D810 camera for editing so the above is really from a JPG. I had downloaded the NEF for Windows 7 and the DNG converter from Photoshop and tried to update my Photoshop via the software but it tells me I have an error so I will have to find out what it is and hubby promised to give Photoshop an earful by tomorrow...doubt if it will work though...

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Pixie-Izzie Project 52

Izzie, if you don't have a RAW file converter that will create DNG and you don't have Lightroom to do that for you, there is a free Adobe DNG Converter that you can download.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    I'll start with a dog on this first day of the year...This is Roxie, my Aussie Shepherd little dog. Love her even though she is a PITA at times. Very intelligent dog. I am training her to be my assistant and model too but she decided to go cheeky here...

Pixie-Izzie Project 52

I have taken other photos too but I am having some problems with Photoshop CS5 not recognizing my NEF file from the D810 camera for editing so the above is really from a JPG. I had downloaded the NEF for Windows 7 and the DNG converter from Photoshop and tried to update my Photoshop via the software but it tells me I have an error so I will have to find out what it is and hubby promised to give Photoshop an earful by tomorrow...doubt if it will work though...
    Which one is the newest addition, CS5 or the D810? Seems others are having the same issue.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1622...art=0&tstart=0

Nice pup shot.

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Izzie, if you don't have a RAW file converter that will create DNG and you don't have Lightroom to do that for you, there is a free Adobe DNG Converter that you can download.
    I downloaded the free Adobe DNG Converter. My camera file is NEF. It shows an empty folder when I accessed the files. There was nothing there at all. So I looked around and researched and researched...I will try to find a solution sometime today before nightfall...I do not easily give up you know... Then I go downstairs and complain my head off until Bill offers to fight my battles...Ain't we a good team or what???

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Which one is the newest addition, CS5 or the D810? Seems others are having the same issue.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1622...art=0&tstart=0

Nice pup shot.
    Thanks for the link...I will look into it...
    I got my D810 two nights ago and still into reading the manual.

Real Name
    John

Thanks for the link...I will look into it...
    I got my D810 two nights ago and still into reading the manual.
    Lucky you, enjoy!

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Izzie, aAlthough my D7100 NEF files convert with earlier versions of the Adobe DNG Converter, it appears that you would need to get Adobe Camera DNG Converter version 8.6 or higher to get support for the D810 NEF files.

You should be able to use the link I provided to get that version and higher.

Last year I purchased a Fuji X20 to use as a 'pocket camera' which will shoot Raw but I couldn't load the Fuji raf raw files into ACR. But managed to download the latest DNG converter software which eventually did the trick.

Earlier versions didn't work; it had to be the updated one. And it did take a bit of experimentation to get the DNG conversion to work correctly. It is an additional task with this extra programme and takes a bit of time to convert from the shot raw files to DNG prior to starting editing, and I did initially find things rather confusing.

With regard to this photo, the eyes are good; but it would be perfect if you also managed to get the nose sharply focused.

Real Name
    Greg

She looks a bit apprehensive, Izzie.

Real Name
    Izzie

Hi Izzie, aAlthough my D7100 NEF files convert with earlier versions of the Adobe DNG Converter, it appears that you would need to get Adobe Camera DNG Converter version 8.6 or higher to get support for the D810 NEF files.

You should be able to use the link I provided to get that version and higher.
    Frank, I realized what my problem is -- my photoshop did not upgrade properly because when I formatted my pooter, I only installed Photoshop and Bridge. I thought I will like to save some space in my C drive because I was having too much fun with AFter Effects and Premiere I meant to install it later on when my pooter behaves. Now I need to install the whole shebang suite so it might upgrade to the hilt. Then my new DNG will work and also the NEF converter will work with the software. I cannot have Photoshop CS6 until the spring when I enroll in a course at SLU which will then activate my student ID. Then I can purchase my software. Then I can use my D810 until I knock myself out. I have my other cameras to use to continue with Project 52 at least.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Frank, I realized what my problem is -- my photoshop did not upgrade properly because when I formatted my pooter, I only installed Photoshop and Bridge. I thought I will like to save some space in my C drive because I was having too much fun with AFter Effects and Premiere I meant to install it later on when my pooter behaves. Now I need to install the whole shebang suite so it might upgrade to the hilt. Then my new DNG will work and also the NEF converter will work with the software. I cannot have Photoshop CS6 until the spring when I enroll in a course at SLU which will then activate my student ID. Then I can purchase my software. Then I can use my D810 until I knock myself out. I have my other cameras to use to continue with Project 52 at least.
    Glad you got to the bottom of it Izzie.

I'd shoot with the D810 as much as possible to become comfortable with the controls to the point where you can easily switch settings as needed without taking eye off the viewfinder. If you shoot both JPG and NEF and have the NEF files available for when you upgrade your software.

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Isabel Does Roxie have different coloured eyes or is the difference because of the light?

Real Name
    Izzie

Glad you got to the bottom of it Izzie.

I'd shoot with the D810 as much as possible to become comfortable with the controls to the point where you can easily switch settings as needed without taking eye off the viewfinder. If you shoot both JPG and NEF and have the NEF files available for when you upgrade your software.
    I failed. I had a talk with Adobe support and they do not support CS5 anymore. I am being railroaded to go to Cloud, which I told them I do not like to join. So I guess this is it. I have to wait until I go back to school in the Spring. I showed my husband your response to me and he said you give good advice for using my new camera. Thank you. We both want to thank you for your response. You are a great guy he said. I said I know from experience in talking to you through your post that you tolerated me more than anything else and that is something...really, honestly and I am glad to have known you through the posts. Thanks again. Better than Adobe support in CiC here through you.

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    Hi Isabel Does Roxie have different coloured eyes or is the difference because of the light?
    No it is not, Binnur. I googled another way of using my red eye option in Photoshop but it was a hit and missed thing. I found out later on (through google that is) that another way to correct red eye is through the Saturation in Hue and Saturation option. So I have correct that coloured eyes of Roxie.

Pixie-Izzie Project 52

Real Name
    Kay

Great start to the year Izzie! So am I stating the obvious when I say, project 52, is to set yourself a challenge to take & post an image every week? If so, sounds a damn fine idea & I should join you.

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    Great start to the year Izzie! So am I stating the obvious when I say, project 52, is to set yourself a challenge to take & post an image every week? If so, sounds a damn fine idea & I should join you.
    Please do...it will be fun. Once a week isn't that bad. At least it will give me a diversion from my day...it can on yours too. I used to participate in A-Picture-A-Day. I only did a few successive days and I failed to follow up. Then I gave up shooting for 2 years. I am just getting into the heck of it early 2014...man! I was grumpy as a witch doing things and stuffs and saying things I do not mean... Now that I have a camera I like that fits my hands, I will try to get my butt off using this one more...

Real Name
    Frank Miller

I failed. I had a talk with Adobe support and they do not support CS5 anymore. I am being railroaded to go to Cloud, which I told them I do not like to join. So I guess this is it. I have to wait until I go back to school in the Spring. I showed my husband your response to me and he said you give good advice for using my new camera. Thank you. We both want to thank you for your response. You are a great guy he said. I said I know from experience in talking to you through your post that you tolerated me more than anything else and that is something...really, honestly and I am glad to have known you through the posts. Thanks again. Better than Adobe support in CiC here through you.
    If the only issue you are having with CS5 is not reading the D810 NEF files, I'd just get the free Adobe DNG Converter version 8.6 or higher to convert the NEF files to DNG.

I had exactly the same issue with my Canon SX50 and CS5 not being able to read or convert the Canon CR2 Raw files. I just use the Adobe DNG Converter and open the DNG files the converter creates in CS5 just as I do for my D7100 NEF files.

CS5 may not be getting updates or support from Adobe any more but it still works just fine and is what I intend to use for some time to come. If CS5 is broken in some other way, a reinstall will likely resolve most outstanding issues.

Real Name
    Izzie

Frank I already have the DG Converter 8.6 and it doesn't want to look at the NEF files. I will try again on that point. In the meantime, I have to come in tonight because Bill searched high and low for an update to CS5 and he found it here:

Adobe Photoshop 12.0.4 update for Adobe Photoshop CS5

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...73&fileID=4688

So for those of you reading this post and cannot find an update, this came from the beast itself -- Adobe.com.
    Thanks again, Frank...I know my husband will not stop until he finds it. I was up the wall already trying to install the update from the program itself and he doesn't want me miserable because I make everyone miserable too. LOL

If the only issue you are having with CS5 is not reading the D810 NEF files, I'd just get the free Adobe DNG Converter version 8.6 or higher to convert the NEF files to DNG.

I had exactly the same issue with my Canon SX50 and CS5 not being able to read or convert the Canon CR2 Raw files. I just use the Adobe DNG Converter and open the DNG files the converter creates in CS5 just as I do for my D7100 NEF files.

CS5 may not be getting updates or support from Adobe any more but it still works just fine and is what I intend to use for some time to come. If CS5 is broken in some other way, a reinstall will likely resolve most outstanding issues.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

I just checked Izzie and 12.0.4 is the CS5 version that I am running as well.

Real Name
    Barbara

Izzie, I feel your pain on the software issue. I had the same propblem with my new Canon 7D Mark II. I was able to resolve the issue in Aperture but still having problems with OnOne but will deal with that later. Your pup looks like a sweetie! Hope you solve your software problems and can get down to enjoying the new camera.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast