Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Jetty

Jetty

Bit of rain here at the moment...

Jetty

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Re: Jetty

Hi, Steve. Nice moody shot. IMO the water surface will look better if made fuzzy. What say?

Quote Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
    Hi, Steve. Nice moody shot. IMO the water surface will look better if made fuzzy. What say?
    Hi Sahil, mmmm nah I like the detail in the raindrops, but thanks for the idea anyway.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Cool

Awesome shot!

It's very good. I love the atmosphere created by it, but it looks much better IMO in BW. I did edit (just to show you) if that's OK. I find the colour of the submerged board-walk intrusive. There isn't much colour in the shot anyway. Very nice. I also pumped the exposure - especially in the water.

Jetty

Real Name
    Steve

Oh got it; it is a pier underwater. Took me ages to work that out but I think your original is the best. I can't think of a way to do it so that those landlocked people like me understand what is going on.

Maybe a bit of the foreground above water might help.

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    It's very good. I love the atmosphere created by it, but it looks much better IMO in BW. I did edit (just to show you) if that's OK. I find the colour of the submerged board-walk intrusive. There isn't much colour in the shot anyway. Very nice. I also pumped the exposure - especially in the water.
    Thanks Rob. I intend to reprocess this one a fair bit in the near future and I'll definitely try B&W however I do like the 'colour' of the underwater jetty as it implies something is there. I might remove the vignette and boost the exposure in the middle water too. Thanks for the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    Oh got it; it is a pier underwater. Took me ages to work that out but I think your original is the best. I can't think of a way to do it so that those landlocked people like me understand what is going on.

Maybe a bit of the foreground above water might help.
    HAha, yeah sorry Steve I look at these things everyday so I know what it is but forget that others may not - it is a bit abstract. I'm finding myself being more and more abstracty of late.
    Here is what it normally looks like:

Jetty

Jetty

and another 'high tide' from a couple of years ago (it's completely under water now by the way, for the locals here who know the lake):

Jetty